• 3(current)
Issues: List all problems here.
Fanart isn't showing for the main menu AT ALL for me; not sure why. Instead of fanart, I get the menu icon blown up to cover the entire background; needless to say, it looks pretty bad.

I checked the skin options and verified that the stage-style backgrounds were enabled for everything (they are), so I don't really know what's going on...
atgm Wrote:Fanart isn't showing for the main menu AT ALL for me; not sure why. Instead of fanart, I get the menu icon blown up to cover the entire background; needless to say, it looks pretty bad.

I checked the skin options and verified that the stage-style backgrounds were enabled for everything (they are), so I don't really know what's going on...

Try turning on recently added info.

Are you saying you have manually set each background and it still shows the icon?
To learn more, click here.
hi,

found a problem with the recently added script i think:
if you start a recently added album out of the homescreen there are three things i don't like:
1.: if you rate the track the album cover disappears
2.: if there was a stoped playlist then it will play thie playlist after the first track of the recently added - but you cant skip back -
3.: it will not play the whole recently added album... only the first track of it

so thats what it looks like after starting the album out of recently added and then tab pressed
and this after you pressed up
another one:
if i press M during playback it brings the menu and if you're now going to the far righthand side icon and then go one time left, it jumps two times left

two questions left:
what is counted by "just watched" in the home screen movie statistics?
what is counted or which info is read out of the nfo by running time? cause as you can see Image
thats not accurate

thanks for your really really goooood work
igotdvds Wrote:Already there, set the fanart path under weather screen.

I went and looked under the weather screen, but I couldn't find a place to set the fanart path...

igotdvds Wrote:Try turning on recently added info.

Are you saying you have manually set each background and it still shows the icon?

I'll try that when I get home, though I really didn't want a lot of information cluttering the screen -- just something in the background.

I haven't manually set the background to something other than the default image, no. Might I suggest that either the default background be the dfault image (even if recently added info isn't toggled) or else recently added info be made a default option to keep the main screen from looking like that the first time you start the skin?
I turned on the recently added info; that's a lot of clutter and the Home item is a bit redundant since the information is shown elsewhere. I get a black background for TV, but the wood floor for all of the others.

If I scroll through the movies quickly on Poster View 2, the skin can't render posters quickly enough to keep up, so I get a bunch of black boxes until I stop scrolling.
atgm Wrote:I went and looked under the weather screen, but I couldn't find a place to set the fanart path...

I'll try that when I get home, though I really didn't want a lot of information cluttering the screen -- just something in the background.

I haven't manually set the background to something other than the default image, no. Might I suggest that either the default background be the dfault image (even if recently added info isn't toggled) or else recently added info be made a default option to keep the main screen from looking like that the first time you start the skin?

When you select weather and the info screen comes up. Press UP. Go to Misc. Settings and deselect "HIDE FANART". The set fanart path button will now be selectable.

The backgrounds work like this.

Recently added turned on = MY default images are used except for Music, TV, and Movies (Fanart is used)
Recently added turned off = Icons are used and you have to go into Skin Settings and manually set each background.

This is due to the amount of things working on the home screen and I was lucky to get all of these components working at all. Sorry I cant make this better maybe someone can offer assistance.
vanMiez Wrote:another one:
if i press M during playback it brings the menu and if you're now going to the far righthand side icon and then go one time left, it jumps two times left

two questions left:
what is counted by "just watched" in the home screen movie statistics?
what is counted or which info is read out of the nfo by running time? cause as you can see Image
thats not accurate

thanks for your really really goooood work

1. Mine does not behave this way. Are you on the "record" button?
2. Just watched is "supposedly" the last watched movie, it is a feature of the recently added script.
3. Running time is the running time or duration in the nfo file.
vanMiez Wrote:hi,

found a problem with the recently added script i think:
if you start a recently added album out of the homescreen there are three things i don't like:
1.: if you rate the track the album cover disappears
2.: if there was a stoped playlist then it will play thie playlist after the first track of the recently added - but you cant skip back -
3.: it will not play the whole recently added album... only the first track of it

so thats what it looks like after starting the album out of recently added and then tab pressed
and this after you pressed up

I dont know if this is a script or skin issue, I will have to look.
igotdvds Wrote:When you select weather and the info screen comes up. Press UP. Go to Misc. Settings and deselect "HIDE FANART". The set fanart path button will now be selectable.

Thanks, I was hunting around in the Settings -> Weather category and didn7t see anything there, so I was a bit confused. The options can be spread out a bit!
sorry, it eventually wasn't clear that i mean the music playback in post #34 not the movie playback.
so if you're heading right there is the "repeat" button then the "random" button and at the end the "playlist" button.
if you're now moving left from the "playlist" button it moves two times left to the "repeat" button
vanMiez Wrote:sorry, it eventually wasn't clear that i mean the music playback in post #34 not the movie playback

lol, got it now. Fixed. Good find. Thanks!
i know you're a perfectionist, so here is a little optical find
the down arrow isn't really round :-)
Switching my response to this thread since it's about issues and not requests...

igotdvds Wrote:If you select "use posters instead of banners"

That explains my problem... I misread it as "use banners instead of posters," totally my fault! Sorry about that.

igotdvds Wrote:List is a file mode view, its supposed to look plain. Smile

I agree and understand; I just think it would look better in the context of the skin if every poster had, say, a 2 pixel black border or something like that. Keeps it plain and still fits everything together.

I'm stupid and finally found the option to set the weather fanart. I'd suggest moving/mirroring the options from the menu from pressing up IN the weather panel to BOTH pressing up with the icon highlighted (to match behavior for other icons) AND the Weather Settings menu itself. Those would be the first two places new users would look, I think.

Two small nitpicks on things I noticed today:

1. The submenu above the Home/System menus doesn't fit exactly onto the screen -- it seems like by trimming each button by 5 pixels or so, you could make it so that all of the settings fit in perfectly. It just bothers me a little bit that the entire submenu scrolls to show the last few pixels of the last option.

2. This banner view bothers me a little bit.

It really feels like the banner should be in the horizontal slot instead of the fanart; there doesn't seem to be much point to the fanart being in the horizontal slot since it's already there in the background. On top of that, when the banner is on the side like that, the fact that it's slightly off the vertical center makes it look a bit strange to me... so my suggestion would be to move the banner into the horizontal slot.
I've just come across the following issue:

When pausing a movie, after a set period of time the screen dims. When resuming playback using the keyboard, the screen is restored from dim after a random key is pressed.

When playback is resumed with the remote (standard play action key), playback continues but the screen remains dimmed down.

Not completely sure whether its a skin issue though, will conduct further testing with other skins.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues: List all problems here.0