Library Mode using Screencaps instead of Thumbnails/Fan Art/Covers/etc.
Could anyone tell me why this is? I really like the posters/covers look but I go into library mode and I get these horribly stretched out screenshots. I've reinstalled and tried a bunch of different skins, it's the same in them all. Mainly using Transparency! though.
Would love to fix this:

Movies: In Library Mode:

Movies: Not in Library Mode:

Movie Set Content Menu:

TV Set Content Menu:

I believe it's being scraped correctly since plot/studio info & such is being populated:

Debug here

I'm guessing this has something to do with it but not sure how to fix it:
Quote:18:22:25 T:712 M:2716405760 NOTICE: My Videos: Scanning for video info using worker thread, operation took 00:00
18:22:27 T:2008 M:2716463104 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: R:\#Recorded TV\fanart.jpg
18:22:27 T:2836 M:2716446720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: R:\#Recorded TV\../fanart.jpg
18:22:33 T:2008 M:2717360128 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: R:\#Recorded TV\../fanart.jpg
18:22:33 T:444 M:2715713536 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: R:\#Recorded TV\fanart.jpg

Thx
Selected folder contains a single TV show is probably wrong. I'm guessing you're setting it on your tvshows folder, which contains multiple tvshows.

Similarly, you appear to have each movie in it's own folder, so tell the scanner that!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Selected folder contains a single TV show is probably wrong. I'm guessing you're setting it on your tvshows folder, which contains multiple tvshows.

Similarly, you appear to have each movie in it's own folder, so tell the scanner that!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Selected folder contains a single video is grayed out under Movies... I don't think it was always that way and I think I've tried having it both ways before... but atm it's grayed out.
I've been doing some searching and can't figure out why "Selected folder contains a single video" is grayed out under my movies content settings.
PlutoISaPlanet Wrote:Selected folder contains a single video is grayed out under Movies... I don't think it was always that way and I think I've tried having it both ways before... but atm it's grayed out.

You should read a little more carefully he was specifically talking about TV shows

PlutoISaPlanet Wrote:I've been doing some searching and can't figure out why "Selected folder contains a single video" is grayed out under my movies content settings.

That option for movies is only available when you select "use folder names for lookups"

If you using local artwork and your movies are in folders you should probably select "use folder names for lookups" anyway
And DON'T select "selected folder contains a single video".
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:And DON'T select "selected folder contains a single video".

for tv shows or movies?
Sorry... I'm reading "selected folder contains a single video" as meaning the folder the video is in... or does "selected folder" mean the root?

In any case I've tried it both ways now and it's still not grabbing thumbs & fanart. - For MOVIES. TV Shows are working fine.
selected folder is the folder you selected. PLEASE let us know how we can make this clearer!

jmarshall Wrote:selected folder is the folder you selected. PLEASE let us know how we can make this clearer!

I'm sorry to be frustrating you. I'm pretty sure I have the concept figured out, however it's not making a difference. I still get screencaps in library mode for my movies.
OK... just added this movie to my library a few nights ago and it appears to be the only one that's showing up correctly:
Delete the video thumbnails folder and let XBMC get them again.
Do as hitcher says I would also delete the db as well and scan again

Thumbs already there wont update just by scanning again you either have to do the above or refresh each one

Have you read the wiki because its pretty good if your just starting out with xbmc
Out of curiosity, how can XBMC have different thumbs in file mode and library mode?
>>X<<' Wrote:Do as hitcher says I would also delete the db as well and scan again

Thumbs already there wont update just by scanning again you either have to do the above or refresh each one

Have you read the wiki because its pretty good if your just starting out with xbmc

Did all that, wound up with the same results. Hot Tub Time Machine still looks right and so does District 9 (which I just added today)

Far as I can tell they're not named differently than other files, the folder names are exactly the name of the movies... I don't know what's up.
Had a similar problem when recently updated xbmc, I just had to manually refresh each movie and reselect each thumb.

So to spell it out a little...

Press i on the movie you want, choose refresh, then choose correct thumb (it may choose correct thumb when you refresh anyhow)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Mode using Screencaps instead of Thumbnails/Fan Art/Covers/etc.0