Library Mode using Screencaps instead of Thumbnails/Fan Art/Covers/etc.
OK, I figured this out if anyone cares. Before I decided on using XBMC I tried using Windows Media Center for my HTPC and I used some program called Media Center Master to automatically download dvd covers. I think this program added a file called mymovies.xml to each of my movie folders. When I delete that file everything scrapes correctly and artwork gets downloaded.
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as you had here. In regular view all of the coverart for Movies works fine, but in library mode it doesn't - same problem.

I am running a Win7 PC and an Apple TV - same issue on both.

I have all of my files on a NAS and I use MyMovies to tag them. For a scraper I have this set to IMDB.

I have looked for the flies and the DB to be deleted but cannot find/access them. On the Win machine there is nohing about thumbs in c:\program files\xbmc\userdata and I don't have an idea how to do this on the ATV.

Any help appreciated.
Perhaps you should make a screenshot of your videos file structure...
macdonm2 Wrote:Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as you had here. In regular view all of the coverart for Movies works fine, but in library mode it doesn't - same problem.

I am running a Win7 PC and an Apple TV - same issue on both.

I have all of my files on a NAS and I use MyMovies to tag them. For a scraper I have this set to IMDB.

I have looked for the flies and the DB to be deleted but cannot find/access them. On the Win machine there is nohing about thumbs in c:\program files\xbmc\userdata and I don't have an idea how to do this on the ATV.

Any help appreciated.

depending on which windows you use, the userdata folder which matters is located elseware

ie - windows 7 = c:\users\"USER"\appdata\roaming\xbmc\userdata (enable hidden files in windows or "appdata" will not be visible.)

i think win xp will be = C:\documents and settings\"USER" etc etc

DELETE FOLDER- thumbnails\video
DELETE FILE - database\video**.db

then scan your library again. (obviously make sure you select all the correct settings first depending on how you structure your video collection.

RBX
Hi again,

It looks like this fixed it, alhough there does appear to be an issue where filenames have ' or _ characters. It does not appear to be 100% of a fix, but I can manually change the 2 or 3 that it does not seem to like.

Could you point me in the right direction as to how to delete these files on the ATV ?

Many thanks for the help.
unfortunately i have no idea about the ATV folder structure as i have never seen one let alone used one.

Im sure someone on this forum can help. or could it be in the wiki?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Mode using Screencaps instead of Thumbnails/Fan Art/Covers/etc.0