Did the PVR front ends get cut from 10.05?
PVR now shows as a feature for 10.11.
As long as when the PVR branch ships there is some obvious "for it to work, please buy _____ tuner cards" I will be happy. It is a nightmare figuring our which hardware will work with the PVR brach....
poofyhairguy Wrote:As long as when the PVR branch ships there is some obvious "for it to work, please buy _____ tuner cards" I will be happy. It is a nightmare figuring our which hardware will work with the PVR brach....

That's like the one thing I really expect there not to be. It's a frontend. This means, you need some other software to actually use the tuner card, which means you'd be better off looking at mythtv or mediaportal requirements.
natethomas Wrote:That's like the one thing I really expect there not to be. It's a frontend. This means, you need some other software to actually use the tuner card, which means you'd be better off looking at mythtv or mediaportal requirements.

I would honestly settle for a little "this is what I use," but honestly if its based on MythTV I am cool. I have had my HDHomerun working with MythTV for years.

Honestly I thought MythTV was falling out of favor here compared to VDR and TVHeadend solutions. Your post made my day....
poofyhairguy Wrote:I would honestly settle for a little "this is what I use," but honestly if its based on MythTV I am cool. I have had my HDHomerun working with MythTV for years.

Honestly I thought MythTV was falling out of favor here compared to VDR and TVHeadend solutions. Your post made my day....

Heh, don't read too much into it. My presumption is simply than any reasonable common tuner software will eventually get connected to the frontend, not that I know personally of any work being done specifically to that end.
poofyhairguy Wrote:As long as when the PVR branch ships there is some obvious "for it to work, please buy _____ tuner cards" I will be happy. It is a nightmare figuring our which hardware will work with the PVR brach....
As long as the PVR backend is running on Linux this would be a recommended start for your research:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardwa...nformation
Additionally, if you are able to understand German: http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Ei...er%C3%A4te
If there is no Linux driver support for a tuner card, you obviously can't use it. Wink

Cheers,
hepi
yaVDR: HDTV and XBMC in your living room - based on Nvidia VDPAU, VDR and Ubuntu Linux
Have anybody info about merging aktual trunk into pvrtesting2 branch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Did the PVR front ends get cut from 10.05?0