win32api and calling COM objects from scripts
Hi folks,

I am trying to call a DLL from my script but I am not able to do an import win32api rom win32com.

Can any of you guys tell me what I am missing or what modules I need to add and where?

TIA

Zulfee
Sad 
Folks,

Does anyone have an answer to my previous post. I desperatly need direction and help for calling a dll from xbmc script.

Thanks,

Zulfee
afaict win32api is not part of the python 2.4 libraries. it's a third party module.
thank you for your reply, how would I be able to use that?

How do I include the module so that I am able to make a call to the dll?

TIA

Zulfee
zulfikar_ali4u Wrote:thank you for your reply, how would I be able to use that?

How do I include the module so that I am able to make a call to the dll?

TIA

Zulfee
might be able to help you if you really explain in details what you really want to do
Hi Thanks,

I want to put all the logic in the DLL and just use defaul.py as a launcher for my applcation inside XBMC/Scripts.

I want to make function calls and get response back from the dll and that is all that will be in default.py

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Zulfee
i smell where this is heading. no more help from me for sure.
Not what you think spiff, the dll I am talking about is on a remote server and and I would like to make calls to it remotely, I know what to do to make remote calls but just don't know how to call the dll from within xbmc python script.

I have the server client scripts working on the server as well as the client where xbmc is located

TIA

Zulfee

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
win32api and calling COM objects from scripts0