XBMC Constantly Crashes
Can anyone tell me what this is? I have a lot of these two statements in my log and I believe that's why it's crashing.

Code:
23:20:03 T:8836 M:712974336   ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://SINGLEY-C/Movies/The Informant! (2009)/

Code:
23:19:40 T:8500 M:713662464 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 3
Neither of those suggest anything regarding crashing. Don't cherrypick. Post the entire Debug Log to pastebin.ca and link to it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sure, here's the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/86834/xbmc/xbmc.log
Not a debug log. Settings->System->Enable debug logging.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sorry, is this better? : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/86834/xbmc/xbmc%20%282%29.log
No evidence of a crash there either tbh - are you sure it's just not taking a long time?? Does it only occur on specific movies? Find a pattern, there will most certainly be one.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I sent you a PM
Don't send people pm's...

Can you please expound...
sending people pm's without their explicit agreement is considered bad etiquette. not a problem for most users but for us "populars" around here it's a nuisance.
Ok, just read your signature.... I don't know enough about XBMC to figure out how to fix my issue. So I am requesting that one of the developers remotely log in and look for some sort of pattern as to why my XBMC is crashing. I will provide the software for the remote session.
mpalatsi Wrote:Ok, just read your signature.... I don't know enough about XBMC to figure out how to fix my issue. So I am requesting that one of the developers remotely log in and look for some sort of pattern as to why my XBMC is crashing. I will provide the software for the remote session.

Rofl Are you serious?
It's really not that hard if you can follow instructions
Aenima99x Wrote:Rofl Are you serious?
It's really not that hard if you can follow instructions

This is an extremely useless post. Thank you for directing me to something I was just saying I found a link to?

Anyway, I fixed the issue by using the latest nightly build of XBMC. It's extremely stable and seems almost finished, I imagine the next final release is right around the corner. Thank you Jmarshall for your efforts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constantly Crashes0