• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska
craigd Wrote:Is there any way to get the uncompressed media files, I want to reapply my mod for displaying blu-ray and dvd covers instead of the default overlay.

See first post.
The SVN Link doesnt contain any files in this version.

Also why does the revisted version not have a wall view?

Does this one have one?
Looks like I've been using the wrong one -

http://alaska-original.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
You are ruddy super Hitcher, xbmc v10 was a no go for me as I could not do without the Alaska skin.

I have one small issue, I am running with Alaska v1.0.2, as per the hitcher repo and i have debug info overlayed at the top right, it is even present when watching videos....

Windows selectdialgue dialoguese;ect.xml blah blah

obviousley changes depending on where I am.

How do i turn this off - pretty please.

Thanks for everything
top left i mean
Elbert Wrote:I can confirm this problem both on my AppleTV (ubuntu 8.04) and on my Macbook Pro (OSX). I'll update the required debug logs and a screenshot later today when i'm back home.

Here's my debug log and a screenshot taken on my macbook pro:
xbmc.log

Tried the <restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask> setting, but that did not make any difference.
jlb777 Wrote:You are ruddy super Hitcher, xbmc v10 was a no go for me as I could not do without the Alaska skin.

I have one small issue, I am running with Alaska v1.0.2, as per the hitcher repo and i have debug info overlayed at the top right, it is even present when watching videos....

Windows selectdialgue dialoguese;ect.xml blah blah

obviousley changes depending on where I am.

How do i turn this off - pretty please.

Thanks for everything
Damn it, I've gone and left debugging on again.

To disable simply edit the skin's addon.xml to debugging="false"
^^

Bingo!

I was looking for a solution to this.. Thanks Hitcher..
Thanks for the svn link, modding away happily again. Also thought I'd mention also had issue with gradients and advanced.xml trick didn't work but issue doesn't appear using svn so either overlay changed else whatever the overlay is doesn't seem to have compressed properly into the xbt file
craigd Wrote:Thanks for the svn link, modding away happily again. Also thought I'd mention also had issue with gradients and advanced.xml trick didn't work but issue doesn't appear using svn so either overlay changed else whatever the overlay is doesn't deem to have compressed properly into the xbt file

Yeh, the version from the SVN works well. Thanks for the tip!
Elbert Wrote:Yeh, the version from the SVN works well. Thanks for the tip!

The advanced.xml setting didn't work for me either. Going to give svn a try.

Edit: Using the svn checkout solved the gradient and background opacity issues but I'm still stuck with very dark green icons in settings instead of red. Thumbnails for episodes look a bit green tinted as well.

Edit 2: Looks like the green colours are not just with the skin. Tried the older version I had and the same thing. Video playback is black and white.

Edit 3: Turns out one of the cats must have been behind the AppleTV and partly pulled one of the component cables out around the same time I was downloading XBMC and Alaska. Go figure.

How difficult would shifting the banners, posters and text to the left in file view to be like it used to be? I tried swapping the old file view with the new one and it worked aside from the selected item missing the text and everything seems greyed out like there is a transparent white overlay on the entire thing.
Am I crazy or are one of the home screen layouts no longer available?
Hi Hitcher,

I feel flattered that you chose my ALASKA splash screen as the official Alaska picture! Smile
| Thermaltake DH101 | Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H | 2.13GHz INTEL Core2Duo E6400 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 5TB Storage | Integrated sound + nV7100 + MSI GT210 | WIN7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + Transparency! |
Looks great thanks - am going to have fun playing with this.

For a second or two the repo ignored me but now all is good.
I just pulled Alaska from Hitcher's repo through the add-ons, but I can't seem to get any (un)watched status? I can't see anything in the overview, I have to pull up the info to see whether a movie has been watched or not. The series don't have any watched status at all.

Is this normal?
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska0