Update library doesn't find some movies.
Hello.

Sometimes I can't get the "update library" to find newly added movie or movies.
F.ex. I just added "Munich" but XBMC cannot find it at all (Folder/file: Munich/Munich.mkv)
The other day I added Green Zone and XBMC found it, when I watched it, I accidentally remove it from the library, but when doing a library update, it couldn't find it again.

Also if I change the name of the movie file and I'm updating the library, it doesn't find it.

I'm running latest rev. 31503, but it did the same on earlier rev.
I tried to clean the library, renaming the folder and moviefile, but no luck.
Am I missing some settings?

Thx
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Try using the exact wording from IMDB followed by the year in your naming.

eg.
Steven Spielberg's Munich (2005).mkv

Following the rename update your library.

Jack
Hi.

I tried your suggestion, but didn't help.
Very strange.

Thx
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
jackjen Wrote:Try using the exact wording from IMDB followed by the year in your naming.

eg.
Steven Spielberg's Munich (2005).mkv

Following the rename update your library.

Jack
Jack - since when has the title of this movie become Steven Spielberg's Munich (2005) and is certainly not the offical title on IMDB, or any other site for that matter.

The title is "Munich" - the addition of a year is likely only to assist with name conflicts.

Anyway, occasionally I have come across issues where the scrapers stick and fail to scrape - perhaps during a period of downtime at the scraper end. This causes some form of conflict within xbmc. Try removing the film folder from the monitored folder eg if structure is e:movies\munich\munich.mkv - move the folder to the root ie e:\movies. Re-creat a new folder (munich) in the monitored folder - do this manually and don't just copy the previoulsy moved folder. Move the movie file back into the newly created folder and let xbmc srcape.
The first thing you're missing is you're not doing a debug log.

Always do a debug log while doing a movie information lookup - don't try and guess what might be going wrong!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update library doesn't find some movies.0