A XBMC & Avalaunch collaborative effort?
Sad 
both xbmc and ava have their strong areas and they both have great coders.

:thumbsup:

i just saw the latest ava that has a dvd player built in. the code that xbmc is using, mplayer, is buggy and does not support dvd menus.

my thought is that if xbmc & ava did a collaborative effort to work on a single code base they could create the ultimate killer app for the xbox.

i'm interested to hear from the xbmc dev team and thoughts on something like this...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
we have collaborated (swapped code) on occasions, and i'm sure both projects have benefitted from each others' work.

the main issue at hand is that xbmc is opensource. thus, we can't use any code that is proprietary or copyrighted to others.

the dvd player in avalaunch is not opensource - at least until the developers of ava offer it up to the opensource community. i don't believe this will happen, however, as i believe it contains code that can not be opensourced (due to copyright). i'd be happy to be proved otherwise.

ofcourse, this will become a moot point in time, as xbmc will have a dvdplayer of it's own (nothing to do with mplayer) in time.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A XBMC & Avalaunch collaborative effort?0