atv and atvflash
Ok, first of all i am sorry for the stupid questions i am going to ask...

But due to the nice price and good looks...

Will an apple tv with the atvflash software installed play all codecs (incl mkv and h264) in 720p or 1080p. I will stream them from my nas

How difficult will it be to run xbmc and have it scrape all the info of the net?

thx

ps. i want to buy a new mac mini, but it is very expensive! is this a valid alternative?
smalla Wrote:1) Will an apple tv with the atvflash software installed play all codecs (incl mkv and h264) in 720p or 1080p. I will stream them from my nas

2) How difficult will it be to run xbmc and have it scrape all the info of the net?

1) No. Search for the CrystalHD solution here.

2) Easy.
Freaking Awesome!!!

Mac Mini vs. Apple TV answer is based on if you need a computer on you tv or not.

For 720p & 1080p playback you need a wired ethernet(not wifi) and a Crystal HD card installed.
can the new mini 2.4ghz with 4g ram give me the wifi connection?
smalla Wrote:can the new mini 2.4ghz with 4g ram give me the wifi connection?

eh ?
sorry... i mean can the new mac mini recieve a stream from a dual channel n wifi router? will it buffer to ensure good play?
smalla Wrote:sorry... i mean can the new mac mini recieve a stream from a dual channel n wifi router? will it buffer to ensure good play?

Depends on where your 802.11n router is and what bandwidth you can maintain. 802.11n can do it, there are environmental issues that can kill wifi bandwidth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv and atvflash0