[MAC] Video Playback broken on Mac Mini PPC on
Hi, I just tried out the latest XBMC SVN for MacOS X / PPC and run into a issue with the videoplayback. When I try to play a movie I get blank screen and thats all. I still can return to the home screen via the remote but the video file doesn't play. In my example I tried to play an ISO File (DVD Black Hawk Down) but I think the problem is not limited to that, so any other video file isn't working.

Here is the XBMC log
http://pastebin.com/DQg2VYus

The issue occures with following SVN
xbmc-r31595-trunk-ppc.dmg

I have Mac Mini, Mac OSX 10.5.8, with 1GB ram

BTW. I'm still running 9.11 and ther is no videoplayback issue. all my videofile work correctly ther.

Can please someon look at this? Thx Still
Disable sync playback to display, it's not working.
StillSchweiger Wrote:Hi, I just tried out the latest XBMC SVN for MacOS X / PPC and run into a issue with the videoplayback. When I try to play a movie I get blank screen and thats all. I still can return to the home screen via the remote but the video file doesn't play. In my example I tried to play an ISO File (DVD Black Hawk Down) but I think the problem is not limited to that, so any other video file isn't working.

Here is the XBMC log
http://pastebin.com/DQg2VYus

The issue occures with following SVN
xbmc-r31595-trunk-ppc.dmg

I have Mac Mini, Mac OSX 10.5.8, with 1GB ram

BTW. I'm still running 9.11 and ther is no videoplayback issue. all my videofile work correctly ther.

Can please someon look at this? Thx Still

Looks like Renderer is set to auto, try setting it to ARB.
davilla Wrote:Looks like Renderer is set to auto, try setting it to ARB.

With an ATI Radeon 9200 (ppc mac mini), only sw rendering is available :-(
I'm gonna look at the flv crash and this.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Guys, thx for the hints. Disabling "sync playback to display" did the trick. It looks like it isn't really working. But the same setting in 9.11 didn't caused any issue.

I came now across a sound issue with DTS & passthrough . It's described here
StillSchweiger Wrote:Guys, thx for the hints. Disabling "sync playback to display" did the trick. It looks like it isn't really working. But the same setting in 9.11 didn't caused any issue.

But now I have an issue with the DTS sound. I have a Transit-USB sound card, which fully works with 9.11. But with the SVN I get no sound when I play a ISO DVD with DTS. Sound output is set it to "Optical/Digital"

There is no sound issue with DTS if I set the sound output to Analog (Audio device is still "Transit USB").

This is what I found suspiciuos in the log
20:41:53 T:4029865984 M:716378112 DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (audiooutput.passthroughdevice) was not found. It must be case-sensitive

Here is the new log
http://pastebin.com/cAm6Mmb9

Post a separate thread please, let's try and keep the thread-jacking to a minimum...
ok makes sense - I'll open a new thread
Now how should we deal with this problem:
"Disable sync playback to display, it's not working" . In 9.11 it didn't caused any problems ... but the "sync playback"-issue breaks the video playback in
r31595.
I guess others will run into this issue too, or ?
StillSchweiger Wrote:Now how should we deal with this problem:
"Disable sync playback to display, it's not working" . In 9.11 it didn't caused any problems ... but the "sync playback"-issue breaks the video playback in
r31595.
I guess others will run into this issue too, or ?

Fixed in r32132
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Beenje Wrote:Fixed in r32132

beenje thx a lot, I will check it soon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Video Playback broken on Mac Mini PPC on0