Dynamic range compression under XBMC Live ?
Hi guys,

I actually use Windows 7 with FFDShow for the Dynamic range compression. I search the same function for Linux (xbmc live).

Is it possible to get the same thing? If yes, how?

Thanks!
install ladspa:
sudo apt-get install swh-plugins
and put:

Code:
pcm.ladcomp {
      type plug
      slave.pcm "ladcomp_compressor";
  }
pcm.ladcomp_compressor {
      type ladspa
      slave.pcm "ladcomp_limiter";
      path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
      plugins [
          {
              label dysonCompress
              input {
                  #peak limit, release time, fast ratio, ratio
                  controls [0 1 0.5 0.99]
              }
          }
      ]
  }
pcm.ladcomp_limiter {
      type ladspa
      slave.pcm "plughw:0,3";
      path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
      plugins [
          {
              label fastLookaheadLimiter
              input {
               #InputGain(Db) -20 -> +20 ; Limit (db) -20 -> 0 ; Release time (s) 0.01 -> 2
               controls [ 20 0 0.8  ]
              }
          }
     ]
  }

into .asoundrc
(change hw device if ur is different, mine is nvidia integrated gpu hdmi)
select ladspa as digital device in audio setting in xbmc.

U now get drc and normalization on the fly.
xbmc has drc enabled by default. you have to disable it to get 'proper' audio.
Hi,
I have also XBMC-live installed and Dinamic range compensation isn't working.
So is necessary install this "ladspa" ?
What you mean "change hw device" - where ? in xbmc ?

Thanks

Alda
shassino, that's a nice method you've got - I'll have to try it out. Here's another way it can be done...

Hello all. I've been following this and other threads in regards to DRC for XBMC, and thought I'd talk about SOME progress I've made on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx).

Please note that this method is temporary and settings will be lost after restarting PulseAudio (i.e. rebooting computer). If somebody knows a better way to do this, feel free to share.

Before you proceed, have a look here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1470407

Follow the above link as a guide, and then install the following additional packages from a terminal (this SHOULD be all you need after following the above link:

apt-get install jack qjackctl jack-rack

After installing the packages above, you will need to startup JACK (qjackctl recommended) and JACK-Rack, then create the PulseAudio to JACK clients from a terminal (NOTE that JACK MUST be running BEFORE you create them):

qjackctl
jack-rack
pactl load-module module-jack-sink
pactl load-module module-jack-source

If the above commands work, you should see the PulseAudio in/out clients connected to the JACK system clients.

Now DISCONNECT ALL inputs and outputs, and start routing the PulseAudio outputs that you want to use, to the JACK-Rack inputs. Finally, connect the JACK-Rack outputs to the system.

That's it! Everything is connected properly to use LADSPA effects. Just fire up XBMC and make sure it's using PulseAudio.

TIP: a combination of Compressor, Noise Gate, and Low-cut (high-pass) filter should handle MOST situations if you want to watch a variety of stuff late at night.

I will post a follow-up when/if I find a more streamlined approach with a script.

Good Luck!

P.S. I would strongly encourage XBMC linux devs to include NATIVE JACK support to avoid this chaotic spaghetti mess with PulseAudio, but for now it's SOMETHING.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dynamic range compression under XBMC Live ?0