Optimized Aeon or Derivative for 10.0X ?
pixdamix Wrote:
Code:
23:27:36 T:2900462448 M:1338216448   DEBUG: Creating DDS version of: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart/69c8cc8b.tb
Nope, it's done automagically Smile
Does it automatically use the generated file even though the tbn is there?

What needs to be installed for this to work under linux?
chanders Wrote:Does it automatically use the generated file even though the tbn is there?

What needs to be installed for this to work under linux?

its all listed in that link.
Is it much faster than loading .BMPs?
Yeah they really are Smile I have just started testing it and it works really great so far. You don't have to do any external converting. XBMC fixes it all for you Smile
mindweaver Wrote:Yeah they really are Smile I have just started testing it and it works really great so far. You don't have to do any external converting. XBMC fixes it all for you Smile

That sounds great, but if you're on linux (I've used an svn updated xbmclive cd) do you still need to install the extra apps, or is it really all done within XBMC?
coendeurloo Wrote:That sounds great, but if you're on linux (I've used an svn updated xbmclive cd) do you still need to install the extra apps, or is it really all done within XBMC?

From what I understand it is all done inside XBMC. no mather what OS.
So, if I understand correctly, if I edit advancedsettings.xml and put there
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>
on a fresh xbmc install and then add the paths for libraries... then all images will be cached as .dds? This might be tempting, but I wanna make sure first. Smile
sergiocos Wrote:So, if I understand correctly, if I edit advancedsettings.xml and put there

on a fresh xbmc install and then add the paths for libraries... then all images will be cached as .dds? This might be tempting, but I wanna make sure first. Smile

All fanart yes. And it works on fresh installs aswell as "old" ones.

if you get weird looking and garbled graphics you might want to add

<restrictcapsmask>4</restrictcapsmask>

aswell.
how about windows users?
iLLNESS Wrote:how about windows users?

I'm on windows. everything I have posted in here refers to Windows Smile
mindweaver Wrote:I'm on windows. everything I have posted in here refers to Windows Smile

im refering to http://devolblog.devolfamily.com/gpu-acc...iveubuntu/
Just finished building my HTPC a week ago. I initially had 9.11 installed and Aeon worked perfectly.

I then upgraded to the latest nightly build for windows- I'm running windows 7 64bit on the ECS md120 which is comparable to the Asrock system but the case allows for standard 3.5 hard drives. Ion chipset w/ dual core atom 330.
Anyway Aeon 65 is very laggy on it- it took me a while to read that there's a different version of Aeon (Aeon 65) for the svn builds. Also it took me a few min to figure out that I needed to load the fonts in the fonts directory under windows- when I was running 9.11. Is that the same for all skins that use custom fonts- only because Aeon uses 40+ fonts and I wanted to uninstall them to see if the new version of Aeon 65 comes with them since the skins folder got moved to the addons directory and I figured they might have changed it.
Just found this:
Before downloading the rest of the Aeon skin, you will need to download the fonts from the aeonproject.com website (direct link). Download the fonts and put them in a temporary location for now. After you have downloaded the rest of the skin files as described below, extract the fonts and place them in a "fonts" subfolder in the same root folder as the rest of your Aeon skin.
So I guess I shouldn't have actually installed the fonts in my windows font folder under control panel.

Anyway...
I only have 2gb of ram but the other skins I've tested on the nightly build work fine, although I really like the look of Aeon- especially the wall feature which no other skin has apparently.

Also one more question which I guess I should make a new topic for but updating XBMC on windows works how exactly? Do I just install the latest nightly build over the current one minus the directx and c++ framework. Thats what I did when I installed the latest build over my 9.11 installation but I wonder if there is a bunch of extra directories- like the skins folder which is no longer used.
Vandetta Wrote:Just finished building my HTPC a week ago. I initially had 9.11 installed and Aeon worked perfectly.

I then upgraded to the latest nightly build for windows- I'm running windows 7 64bit on the ECS md120 which is comparable to the Asrock system but the case allows for standard 3.5 hard drives. Ion chipset w/ dual core atom 330.
Anyway Aeon 65 is very laggy on it- it took me a while to read that there's a different version of Aeon (Aeon 65) for the svn builds. Also it took me a few min to figure out that I needed to load the fonts in the fonts directory under windows- when I was running 9.11. Is that the same for all skins that use custom fonts- only because Aeon uses 40+ fonts and I wanted to uninstall them to see if the new version of Aeon 65 comes with them since the skins folder got moved to the addons directory and I figured they might have changed it.
Just found this:
Before downloading the rest of the Aeon skin, you will need to download the fonts from the aeonproject.com website (direct link). Download the fonts and put them in a temporary location for now. After you have downloaded the rest of the skin files as described below, extract the fonts and place them in a "fonts" subfolder in the same root folder as the rest of your Aeon skin.
So I guess I shouldn't have actually installed the fonts in my windows font folder under control panel.

Anyway...
I only have 2gb of ram but the other skins I've tested on the nightly build work fine, although I really like the look of Aeon- especially the wall feature which no other skin has apparently.

Also one more question which I guess I should make a new topic for but updating XBMC on windows works how exactly? Do I just install the latest nightly build over the current one minus the directx and c++ framework. Thats what I did when I installed the latest build over my 9.11 installation but I wonder if there is a bunch of extra directories- like the skins folder which is no longer used.

You do not need to download any separate fonts for Aeon65. And you do not need to install them into your system. All fonts needed are supplied inside the skin dir from git.
pixdamix Wrote:You can try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76839

Works good enough for me™, you can try this to speedup fanart a little bit: http://devolblog.devolfamily.com/gpu-acc...iveubuntu/

Hey, I know the post is old, but that's my site ... I just wanted to warn everybody that information is very stale. I didn't know anybody found it; it was more for my personal reference doc. Guess I have to quit being lazy and update it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimized Aeon or Derivative for 10.0X ?0