HDbaseT
Hey guy's, was just having a look around the web and saw this Cool interesting article. Thought i'd post it here as I think this will be a feature that someone will have to develop in to XBMC should the tech take off.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy having a read and listen.

Dave

http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/televisions/hdbaset
Quote:The true test will come in whether or not the picture quality is the same as HDMI. Are the colors as rich? Is the signal as clean of artifacts? Only real world testing (i.e. how it looks in our homes) will really tell the tale, but things certainly look promising at this time for there to be a new cable sheriff riding into town.
:facepalm:
ventech Wrote::facepalm:

I dunno, maybe some digital is more digital than other digital Rofl
Monster Cable digital is the best digital. Wink
Sorry to necro but I think it's more appropriate than starting a separate thread...

Provided this standard receives adoption I see a lot of potential here. No more rack of components next to the TV because of cable length restrictions or IR line of sight. Tuck it all in the garage, and run a 100m cat5e to the TV. Unfortunately we'll probably still need surround receivers to decode multi-channel audio Sad

For Media center computers this could be even more fun if video cards ever adopt this. A sufficiently powerful computer with 2 or more video cards could use Xen or other virtualization methods to run multiple instances of our favorite MediaCenter software each with it's own dedicated GPU. Then we wouldn't have to worry about network congestion to stream multiple High Def movies. NAS users could simply use channel bonding to increase bandwidth to the rendering computer.

Oh, and for those of you who adopted hdmi, you don't have to replace it Hdmi can be bridged onto an HDBaseT link. http://www.valens-semi.com/products/2pla...n-kit.aspx
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDbaseT0