Enter / Play = Info View Menu (more like Boxee)?
nice. even though the navsounds manage to piss me off even in a video ;P
Sorry spiff.

EDIT: Just found a problem - when playing streams the videoinfo dialog doesn't close.
lol hitcher, no reason to apologize. try two onclicks, dialog.close and playmedia.
That did the trick, thanks.
That looks great, thanks, but would you consider having separate settings for movies and tv shows?

I think I'd like to see the info on movies, because usually my wife wants to see all the info such as synopsis, cast, director, etc. while we're trying to pick a movie to watch. However, when we watch a tv show, we already know what we're getting into and what we want to watch. I, personally, would like the tv shows to play, but movies to show info.

Just a suggestion. . .

and thanks again
Hitcher Wrote:In action -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk4VrmAk8uE

That looks great. But now you lack an info window with all the buttons for "Get Thumb" etc right?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I like the idea for separate settings for tv and movies also, for the same reasons mentioned on the last page.
Hitcher Wrote:In action -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk4VrmAk8uE

Sexay.
Montellese Wrote:That looks great. But now you lack an info window with all the buttons for "Get Thumb" etc right?

They're accessed (as they always were in Alaska) by pressing Up or Down.
Any thought of having "trailer" be an option.

Right now it's:

Resume xx:xx
Play
Information
more

I, and maybe others, also think quick click access to a trailer would be beneficial...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Looks amazing and more user friendly than pressing info/i, but I agree with previous post for separate settings for tv shows and movies if it is possible. Great work anyhow.
mcborzu Wrote:Any thought of having "trailer" be an option.

Right now it's:

Resume xx:xx
Play
Information
more

I, and maybe others, also think quick click access to a trailer would be beneficial...

sounds like an excellent idea, i'd use the trailer function much more often with direct access like that
Some kind of override-feature would be good.
So that users which want to use the standard enter-function, can still use it.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:Some kind of override-feature would be good.
So that users which want to use the standard enter-function, can still use it.

Well simply go into your Settings > Video > File List and change the new option to "Play" instead of "Show Information" or "Choose" Wink

@Trailers: I'd have to look at the code but I'd say it's doable. But then again the new slim "Choose" context menu grows larger again and then someone wants something else added and so on and someday it will be as huge as the standard context menu. What I'm saying is that I would be willing to do it but it's not my call.

@Seperate options for Tv shows: this would certainly complicate things in the code but might be doable as well (would have to check as well). But again this is not my decision to make whether Team XBMC would want this in XBMC or not.

I'm having a hard time at work this and next week so I won't have a lot of time to code a patch if one of the two suggestions would be accepted by Team XBMC but I guess I could still throw something together as I already implemented the initial request (with a lot of help of jonathan).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
THX for your hard work!
btw, I finally found the above mentioned menu :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enter / Play = Info View Menu (more like Boxee)?0