Enter / Play = Info View Menu (more like Boxee)?
There is another issue... if one plays a video that's not on the library, a scraper window pops-up. User can't play video unless the scraper is set... !
It only happens on sources on which a scraper has not been set. This is identical to hitting "INFO" on a video file on which a scraper has not been set, so is technically correct behaviour.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It only happens on sources on which a scraper has not been set. This is identical to hitting "INFO" on a video file on which a scraper has not been set, so is technically correct behaviour.

Right, but suppose I have a source with documentaries or family videos where there is no scraper info to set, I wouldn't be able to play those videos...
Sure - just saying it's a _consistent_ issue. Thus the use of the "technically correct" rather than "correct" Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Sure - just saying it's a _consistent_ issue. Thus the use of the "technically correct" rather than "correct" Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan

Sure :p Smile
r33362 should do the trick. Will be merged to Dharma for beta2 (later in the week with any luck!)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Can someone explain me that please? I can't see the point. If you want to see info, simply press i key and you avoid extra steps to play the movie.
It's just an alternative for people which prefer such an info-screen, without moving the thumb.

But basically you're right, you can still use it as it was in earlier builds.
It's a comfort thing.
So I'd like the default select action for Movies to be Show Information and the default select action for TV Shows to be Play.

I've only been able to find the option in Video Settings that controls them both. Is there a config file somewhere I can modify to control them separately?

Many thanks for any help!
Bump.

Would also like this functionality. Ideally, it would be similar to the option under music to queue a file on selection rather than play. One for movies and one for TV to make either play, queue, or show info the default action for select.

As far as I know there's not a way to separate Movies from TV from a keymap stand point. Does anyone have a roundabout way to accomplish this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enter / Play = Info View Menu (more like Boxee)?0