SMB issues with Ubuntu....I'm so close...
Amazing developments on XBMC for ATV these days. The CrystalHD card is wonderful.

I am very close to video nirvana....just two questions to make it event more wonderful.

1. I am running Sam.Nazarko's Ubuntu image off external USB (pin87's too). They are great....snappy and really good with CrystalHD. I want to stream movies off my iMacs with SMB shares. Under OSX on the ATV I can connect to the Workgroup fine and see the movies and stream them. Under the Ubuntu builds, I can connect to the Workgoup and navigate to my shared folders, however the media inside the folders does not show up (the folders appear empty when accessed by SMB under Ubuntu.) I would really like to store my media on the iMacs for streaming to the Ubuntu.

2. I would like to modify my joystick.appleremote.xml file in XBMC to alter the remote funtionality a bit. Under OSX I can find this file at /Volumes/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system but I cannot locate the file under XBMC Ubuntu. I have tried turning on "show invisible files" on my ftp program, but no luck yet.

If anyone has any insights as to what I am missing, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig
Check in ~/.xbmc/userdata
Thanks for the reply. I did check there. There is a "keymaps" folder, but it has nothing in it. If I were to put a copy of the joystick.appleremote.xml from my ATV under OSX in there, would that work? Or might I really mess things up? When I get a chance, I will try that and report back.

I am still struggling with the empty folders under SMB. Now, I can no longer see anything in the shared folders even under ATV OSX. Sigh. I did reset all the permissions for the folders and the items in them on my iMac.

Could this be a password issue? Any other ideas of how I should troubleshoot it? If I can get SMB shares going....I will be a HAPPY fellow.

Cheers,

Craig
A bit of an embarrassing update. I FINALLY solved the SMB issue.....turns out, it was a bit of a blunder on my part. It turns out, when configuring a network source XBMC will only ever show you folders. Once you select the target folder and create it as a source, you can see all the files. I can't believe it took me days of googling and messing about to discover this.

I am posting this update to hopefully save someone else the hassles.

Streaming works wonderfully now.
I still would like to tweak my joystick.appleremote.xml for the Ubuntu build.

After lots more googling, I finally found it at usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps.

However I cannot delete or edit or replace the file (I do not have permission). I am using sftp to try this....is there another way to replace the files with my edited one that will allow me to overcome the permissions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB issues with Ubuntu....I'm so close...0