FPS vs Hz - Custom Choice.
I may be alone on this, but I would like an option (through advanced settings, i dont think this is something that should be on a UI) which lets me select the output resolution depending on the video info file.

XBMC obviously already does this. I unfortunately have custom refresh rates on my display (48Hz and 47.952Hz) and xbmc always picks the 47.952, even if I pick a 24.000fps video.

Anyway, it's and idea which I imagine has been asked for before, but it's one that I would see being useful for people to set resolution depending on input file too.

I imagine, something like playercorefactory.xml with rules, etc but for resolutions/refresh rates.

No idea if it's a simple or even possible request.
The 47.952 is better most likely, since there are very very few movies that are 24fps.. they are almost always 23.97... = 24*1000/1001 .

That said, we probably should have a way of blocking/allowing certain refreshrates.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it would be nice to block 24Hz on one of my setups. As it's 24Hz mode just applies 2:3 pulldown, meaning 24hz gives the same motion as 60Hz, yet gives an uneccesary switch in refresh + 24hz is more problematic for me in terms of getting an exact sync of audio, and less fluid gui.

Anyway, I don't speak a word of C or C++ or whatever it is, so I'm just throwing ideas out.

*wonders about learning programmingConfused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FPS vs Hz - Custom Choice.0