• 18(current)
[MAC] VDADecoder performance over HDMI on new Mac Mini?
@davilla

D-tyme Wrote:The funny thing is, it only happens with PotC movies (parts 1, 2 and 3). So it must be something specific to how they are mastering these particular movies on BluRay.

I (re)encoded, using HB, the MKVs and they play fine with VDA. Not sure what it means, but I suspect its a mastering issue with these particular BluRays that encoding them with different settings fix... Huh
D-tyme Wrote:Why do that when VDA worked fine in 10.6.3 (as stated in this thread many many times).

This build does not work on 10.6.3., eg the build with the VDA fix in it
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
idioteque Wrote:This build does not work on 10.6.3., eg the build with the VDA fix in it

Don't believe you can make that statement base on just your system. We would need someone with a 2010 Mac Mini (what this thread is based on) with 10.6.3 to confirm.
D-tyme Wrote:Don't believe you can make that statement base on just your system. We would need someone with a 2010 Mac Mini (what this thread is based on) with 10.6.3 to confirm.

Just tested in 10.6.3 / 2010 mac mini and it was rather unstable. The video looked ok, but there was a substantial delay when trying to start a movie and it crashed when trying to play an extra difficult decoding scene in the sorcerer's apprentice. (edit: crashed 2x now when playing the same scene)

The UI also feels extra slow.
rudf0rd Wrote:Just tested in 10.6.3 / 2010 mac mini and it was rather unstable. The video looked ok, but there was a substantial delay when trying to start a movie and it crashed when trying to play an extra difficult decoding scene in the sorcerer's apprentice. (edit: crashed 2x now when playing the same scene)

The UI also feels extra slow.

Just updated to 10.6.6 and everything is bueno. So what idioteque said is right, this patch doesn't play well with 10.6.3 and the 2010 mac mini.
EDIT: False Alarm
I am running both 10.6.3 and 10.6.6 on a 2010 Mac mini.

I can also confirm that the 'unofficial' 10.1 XBMC with VDA fix does NOT work correctly on 10.6.3. 10.1 runs fine on 10.6.6 (which is fine by me).

Thanks for the fix Davilla.
It will definitely crash on 10.6.3 which isn't a problem. It is a very good idea to upgrade to later versions with security fixes.
I have a problem playing 1:1 blu-ray files with the patched version. The patched version keeps crashing while playing 1:1 M2TS files

Perhaps it is related to the VDA patch?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94895
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
you know what I say about crashing... where's the crashreporter.log ?
See post Smile

http://pastebin.com/RrcHwGZK
Is there a way to replace my old version of xbmc with this new fixed version without losing my library data? I have a lot of manually entered library information which I really don't want to have to re-enter. Thanks in advance
I have a new mac mini with the latest xbmc, notice the movies glitch every few frames, what is the best downgrade osx to versionHuh? Or is there a fix, I have tried the vda fix but did not work for me any pointers would be appreciated
Paulkai Wrote:I have a new mac mini with the latest xbmc, notice the movies glitch every few frames, what is the best downgrade osx to versionHuh? Or is there a fix, I have tried the vda fix but did not work for me any pointers would be appreciated

Please be MUCH more specific in describing your existing setup. Which xbmc? Which OSX ? Which vda fix? As it stands, I have no clue.
Anyone check out the OS X Lion previews to see if VDA has been fixed?
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] VDADecoder performance over HDMI on new Mac Mini?0