Set Content Problem that's a bit different
Hi All,

First time post on this forum, so please go nicely Big Grin (Apologies if it's a bit long)

I have been using XBMC on an original XBOX and it has been working fine under the Mediastream skin. Loved it so much, that I purchased an Acer Aspire Revo R3610 and installed XBMC Live onto successfully.

I have now configured XBMC the way I like it, and also have installed the Aeon skin. The problem I am having is with the "set content" for my movies and TV shows. When I select "Watch my TV Shows" (using the Mediastream skin), it will ask for the source, and I will point it to the folder being shared from my PC (i.e. TV Shows), set content to scan off TVDB. I will then get the list of TV shows and I can then change the format into "showcase" or "list" or whatever. Shows work everything is fine.

I do the same for the movies, and again set the content to IMDB and point the source at a shared folder called Movies. Once the library has updated, can see the movies and play them.

If I now exit these sections so that I am back at the Mediastream main menu (i.e. being able to select the various options) and I go into "Watch my Movies", I see all my TV shows listed. If I go back to the main menu and go "Watch my TV Shows" I still see all my TV shows listed!

What seems to be happening, is that the last source I was in becomes the default, even though I never set it as default. For example, if I set the movies as the last option, and then went to "Watch my movies" I will see my movie list not a problem and be able to launch them. When I exit and go to "Watch my TV shows" I see my movies.

Any help here at all? Things I have tried

* Removed all sources and tried adding again, individually when going to the various sections (i.e. Watch my TV Shows, it asks for a source and I then point it to the share and "set content").

* Tried switching to PM3 and configuring it there instead, and then trying again after it was configured under that skin.

Used http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53888 and also the Lifehacker guide to configure and install XBMC Live.

Any help would be appreciated
Use Confluence - to eliminate a problem with the mediastream skin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Confluence?
draco Wrote:Confluence?

The default skin for xbmc.
I'll give it a shot tonight and see if that improves anything.
Managed to figure out it was a setting I had mucked up along the way within XBMC itself. I tried to update to 9.11 and that updated but stuffed my XBMC to the point where it wouldn't boot and every now and then it would flash the mouse cursor on screen. I also tried to install Camelot version 9.11 but it would not actually install to the USB thumb drive to then install to the Revo. Googled and searched this forum, but still haven't found a fix. Reinstalled version 9.04 and got the Movies / TV Shows working successfully.

Thanks for your help. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Content Problem that's a bit different0