Desperately need an Eject button on Harmony!
Ok so I have a Blu-ray slim drive that does not have an eject button. Does anyone know how to program on onto the harmony? Maybe some kind of script or something I don't know? Something without having to purchase a piece of hardware would be nice Smile

Thanks in advance for any help!
You could use a built in function, which is mapped to a button through keymaps:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions

There is an eject tray function for it.
I use a Harmony One remote and I have it mapped for a MCE remote, I created a custom button on the LCD which uses the 'record' button on the MCE
I have it mapped in my remote.xml file as:
<record>XBMC.EjectTray</record>

From a console you can also use: eject -T
Thanks I have a Harmony One as well so I will give that a try. I'm guessing you can rename the Record button to say Eject or something?
Yeah, I have it setup as an additional button done via the 'Harmony Software', the button labeled on the LCD as 'Eject', but I just assigned that button to the MCE button called 'Record'

To test to see if it works, in a console, type: irw
Press the button, you should see something like:
"000000037ff07be8 00 Record mceusb"

Then just change your remote.xml to what I have above.

--------------
On another note, if you want to get creative with your remote, I also setup other custom buttons using the Red, Green, Yellow & Blue buttons for the MCE remote.
I have additional buttons setup on the LCD for:
Movies, TV, Music & Weather
I mapped these to:
<red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles)</red>
<green>XBMC.ActivateWindow(music)</green>
<yellow>XBMC.ActivateWindow(weather)</yellow>
<blue>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</blue>

So, they will take me directly to these areas when pressing those additional buttons.
If there isn't a remote.xml file in the userdata folder should I make one?
It should be under: /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/keymaps
You can copy this to ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps

Then just modify to suit.
ok so do I need to copy it? or it's just optional.
Well, you can modify the original, but it's always good to keep a reference one just in case.
Ok, I copied it to the ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder and modified it there. I'm guessing XBMC will use that one now?

Also my MCE settings on my harmony doesn't have a record button yet, so not sure how I go about setting that up. I'm installing the software right now it's just been a while since I've messed with it lol.

By the way thanks for all the help!
Or, I just thought about it lol does it just use the standard red record button?
Nevermind all is well Smile Works like a charm thanks!
I remember the first time I played with that Logitech software took me a while to get my head around it.

You'll need to add a device: Media Center PC > Microsoft > Windows Media Center
This should assign all the default buttons for the MCE remote.

Once that is setup, then you'll need to add an Activitiy, in which you'll need to assign the Windows Media Center.

Then press the 'Customize Buttons' button, in which you'll probably need to assign all your buttons to what you want on your Harmony One.

Once you've done the 'Standard Buttons', press on the 'Additional Buttons' tab, and then here is a screenshot of how I've set mine up:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1204/sc...0at135.png
Ahh you beat me to it! Good to hear that it's all working now though!
One thing, not sure yours is setup the same as mine. Is there a way to get say I make an activity for Blu-ray can I get the eject button into that menu? Right now it's just in the HTPC device menu. I looked in the menu's but didn't see anything about custom buttons for a certain activity.
Yeah, you can ... On the Activity page, press the 'Customize Button' button (for the specific Activity)

As seen here:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3788/...0at212.png

Now, the top right you should see Standard Buttons / Advanced Buttons as a tab.

Shown here:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1204/...0at135.png

Click on the Advanced tab will allow you to create custom buttons, in which these will appear on the LCD touch panel

All these buttons here are on my touch screen and are the custom buttons I set up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Desperately need an Eject button on Harmony!0