[WINDOWS] - Disable DXVA2 for SD resolutions
It's in the dev section of the forums.
ION-class hardware is a good candidate for this patch, for the better PQ, as long as playback is 100% smooth at 24, 30fps
High end cards owners might benefit from the additional choices in scalers.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
neil.j1983 Wrote:CrystalP, is there any chance you will patch in support for the higher quality scalers when using dxva decoding?

If you aren't going to commit it, do you have a .diff which I could compile with myself?

He posted it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77111
thanks zeron, I don't suppose you already have a build with that patched in?

Save me downloading the compiler, etc. If not, I'll have to grab the tools tomorrow.
neil.j1983 Wrote:thanks zeron, I don't suppose you already have a build with that patched in?.

No, I don't. I would test if if there was a build version available but my HTPC runs the Linux version normally.
i'll post up a build tomorrow.
@Neil.j1983: I saw your sample screenshot of Monk on an ION system with Lanczos3optimized. Was this on a windows or a linux system? On my windows 7 ION machne enabling Lanczos3optimized drops the framerate to around 18fps.

Earler you also mentioned something about the "new" shaders. Are they already in the nightly builds?

Thanks its been interesting reading your posts!
topsyturvy Wrote:@Neil.j1983: I saw your sample screenshot of Monk on an ION system with Lanczos3optimized. Was this on a windows or a linux system? On my windows 7 ION machne enabling Lanczos3optimized drops the framerate to around 18fps.

Earler you also mentioned something about the "new" shaders. Are they already in the nightly builds?

Thanks its been interesting reading your posts!

Yes, CrystalP and bobo1on1 did some brilliant work on the shaders, it's in the new nightlies and they are much faster!

I use windows7 on my ION box.
Your'e right. With the latest nightly build (31827) Lanczos3optimized works flawlessly for pal and ntsc dvd / xvid videos!

Great job CrystalP :-)

I would also like to second neil.j1983's proposal of giving an option to disable DXVA for SD resolution. The main reason for me to request this is because some of my SD content is interlaced and when it is decoded by DXVA I can't make XBMC de-interlace it ! [this means that I have to manually disable dxva and replay the video]
Don't hold your breath, we entered feature-freeze...
I'm personnally leaning towards enabling the DXVA deinterlacers though. Vector adaptative sounds quite nice Smile
edit: to answer previous questions, DXVA doesn't directly expose a sharpener and I don't know if setting the option in the driver does anything.
changing the scaler name from 'bilinear' to 'dxva' is a good idea, will do.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
CrystalP Wrote:I don't know if setting the option in the driver does anything.

it does for nvidia. can't answer about ati.

I had a play round with it, and it seems to need xbmc to restart before changes take effect.
@CrystalP: Is there any chance of adding the bob deinterlacer to the DX version? It works quite well for the interlaced SD interlaced content (mostly satellite TV channels) with the OpenGL build.
Not for this release and I don't know after that. ffmpeg is supposed to have some deinterlacers in libavfilter.
The old XBox code has traces of a pixel shader motion adaptative deinterlacer, I may try to dust that off.
CrystalP Wrote:The old XBox code has traces of a pixel shader motion adaptative deinterlacer, I may try to dust that off.

I use a Xbox plugged to a 25 years old RGB monitor and the image with the bob deinterlacer is simply perfect.

Many thanks for considering it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] - Disable DXVA2 for SD resolutions0