Windows 7 x64 IR Remote Options (recommendations requested)
Help!

I am building my HTPC and chose some good components, but am having problems with the remote. I went with the Antec Fusion Remote Black case, as its a pretty popular case and well reviewed. I do love the case and have everything up and running....except the remote and the LCD display.

Now I've read bad things about the LCD display, and quite frankly could care less about it. But the remote is essential. The "iMON" software for it seems like utter crap, and on their site there are lots of people with issues getting it to work.

So my question:

What are some GOOD IR Remotes that will work under Windows 7 that I can get? Ideally, since this case has USB ports in the front, Id like an IR receptacle that is blank and plugs right into one of those on the front of the case.

Obviously this remote should also support working with XBMC well. Smile

Thanks!
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC for some general comments. All the full Microsoft compatibles and the cheap clones will work on Win7 without needing any drivers. I would buy a proper MS remote from eBay or one of the full compatibles like the HP or Mediagate remotes. The MS remotes can easily be tweaked to do whatever you want, and most of the universal remotes have MS emulation built in.

JR
I have the Antec Fusion Max case with RM200 remote.

The iMON software isn't the most user friendly, but the functionality does actually work.
I have iMON Manager 7.89.0622. This has a built in 'Program Command' template for XBMC. I've managed to customize this to get the remote setup perfect (for me).

For the 'Remote Controller' I picked 'iMON PAD' (I think some versions do actually say RM200)
I needed to use a combination of turning off some of the Windows Commands, and changing the Program Command buttons for XBMC.
The Remote Control button names match up quite well with the name on the remote, so it's not to hard to get it configured.

Yes, the LCD contrast is rubbish, anyone wanting to use the LCD to read things don't buy this case. I turn mine off.
Does the IR sensor actually work?

I turned down the chance yesterday to buy an Antec fusion remote 350 for $75 from newegg because all the reviews said that the IR sensor doesn't work right from more than 5 ft. away.

That's really the only reason I wanted it - a nice integrated IR sensor.

I'm using an old Xbox 1 dongle currently.

-Wes
I use my RM200 from 10 ft and it works fine. It needs an almost direct line of sight. The remote buttons are very sensitive. You don't need to press them all the way in, just resting your finger on them makes them work. This is a negative point for me because it can cause navigation you don't want.
I'm using a Logitech Harmony One with an IR receiver from an ebay MCE clone remote. It's working very well. In the Harmony setup it's configured as a Microsoft MCE keyboard and buttons are assigned to corresponding keys in XBMC. For example the "Menu" button on the reomote is programmed as "c" which brings up the contest menu in XBMC.

The only thing it doesn't do is wake the PC from sleep. There does not appear to be any way to set the IR receiver up for power management like a keyboard or mouse. All the other functions that I need are working great.
misleading subject title (Windows 7 x64 IP Remote Options (recommendations requested)

suggests that this thread is related to remote control via IP (HTTP, JSON etc)
rudeboyx Wrote:misleading subject title (Windows 7 x64 IP Remote Options (recommendations requested)

suggests that this thread is related to remote control via IP (HTTP, JSON etc)

Agreed and fixed. I was a little disappointed to see that this wasn't an interesting convo about IP remotes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 x64 IR Remote Options (recommendations requested)0