• 142(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
thanx stef.an...works a treat Smile
I think I may have gotten my facts wrong with regards cdART manager and Helix. Had another try the other day and it just hangs at the end of the library scan portion as others have posted. Sorry for any confusion.

stef.an, am I right in thinking that if I rename your mod folder to just script.cdart.manager, and copy it over the top of the existing version it will work without having to remove the original version? The reason being that if an official update is pushed, i'll get it automatically as a pose to having to check this thread for updates.

I know giftie has been on the forums since Helix has been released, as i've seen his username in the users list, just that he hasn't posted here in a while.
(2015-01-18, 09:31)gibxxi Wrote: I think I may have gotten my facts wrong with regards cdART manager and Helix. Had another try the other day and it just hangs at the end of the library scan portion as others have posted. Sorry for any confusion.

stef.an, am I right in thinking that if I rename your mod folder to just script.cdart.manager, and copy it over the top of the existing version it will work without having to remove the original version? The reason being that if an official update is pushed, i'll get it automatically as a pose to having to check this thread for updates.

I know giftie has been on the forums since Helix has been released, as i've seen his username in the users list, just that he hasn't posted here in a while.

Yes, imho it should work the way you described it. Just download the ZIP and replace the contents of the original directory. But I just don't know if Kodi continues updating the script from the repositories after you changed the contents of the original folder.

I personally use a version which I've modded much heavier than the one I published here now, which I constantly debug after upgrading my Kodi release. That's why I made these changes to my script a while ago without noticing this thread. Basically gifties script is a great addition to my personal Kodi experience an I just wanted to make things a little easier for those who also like Helix AND cdART Manager.
But yes, that's why I neither incremented the version number of the script nor added anything except those fixes. I really don't want to take control of anything here, all credits stay with giftie and I'm sure he has his reasons for taking his time. So I absolutely recommend keeping track of the original version an install it instantaneous after it being officially updated for Helix.
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll give it a go.

Just out of interest, what other changes did you make for your version and why, If you don't mind me asking?
Thanks for fixing this Stef.an! works great!!
Thank you so much stef.an your fix works Wink
Cheers stef.an, the add-on is working again Smile
I managed to get the script working again when launching the program, it will scan again etc

But, when I play music no artwork is showing at all
Sorry for being dumb but can someone give me step by step to get this working please? deleted all old traces of cdart and installed the new helix version but its exactly the same. cheers all.

Edit. Got it working but the program will only download cdart and not any of the other artworkHuh
@Stef.an- Thanks for the update. Working great. You rock.

Since the wiki contains almost no info, maybe someone could answer a question for me? What's the difference between Update Database and Refresh Database in advanced features?

(2015-01-21, 15:30)Diggler Wrote: I managed to get the script working again when launching the program, it will scan again etc

But, when I play music no artwork is showing at all

This addon just downloads the art. How it is displayed is controlled by your skin.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-01-26, 02:31)wgstarks Wrote: Since the wiki contains almost no info, maybe someone could answer a question for me? What's the difference between Update Database and Refresh Database in advanced features?
From my experience, refresh will wipe your database and rescan. Update will just scan for new artists/albums. I only update the db.
Thanks bryan.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'll ask again hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me out.All i want are the commands to update the music library and pull all artwork so I can create a cron expression that would run every day or two. Could someone please help me with what the command is to update the cdart manager library and pull all the art.

I'd use the scheduler by the same developer but unfortunately it doesn't work.
(2015-01-26, 11:52)Frozin Wrote: I'll ask again hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me out.All i want are the commands to update the music library and pull all artwork so I can create a cron expression that would run every day or two. Could someone please help me with what the command is to update the cdart manager library and pull all the art.

I'd use the scheduler by the same developer but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Sorry Frozin, I'm short of time atm.
Here's your starting point: I suppose you are on linux? Use curl and the jsonrpc-API, Kodi must be running with Webserver enabled of course, use the IP and Port of your installation... check "man curl" if you use password protection of the webserver etc.

Update the db ("wait" doesn't work as the plugin forks to the background I think, so make sure to wait for the update to finish)
Code:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "id": 1, "params": { "addonid": "script.cdartmanager", "wait": true, "params": ["update"] }}' http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc

Download all art
Code:
curl -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "id": 2, "params": { "addonid": "script.cdartmanager", "wait": true, "params": ["autoall"] }}' http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc

Available parameters: "autocdart", "autocover", "autofanart", "autologo", "autothumb", "autobanner", "autoall", "update"
I do not know if this has already been asked or if I am talking some very big bullshit!

But it would be possible to pull the addon cdart of music albums at runtime? Such as artist fanart ....
    Why am I saying this ... it would be nice to hear a music addon and during implementation viewing the cover (it is already possible) Artist fanart (it is already possible) and the cdart, it is not yet possible.
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6