• 145(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Hello joeblow42069,

I feel a bit dumb having to ask this, but you said:

Quote:I had the same problem, refresh and create a new database first, then update the database.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are telling me to do.

Thank You
Delete the cdart.db file in the addon_data folder for cdART manager, or do a "refresh database" from the "Modify Database" menu (which essentially wipes the db). Once it's done creating the Db, then do a subsequent "Update Database" pass as it seems no (or very few) artists get recognized with a fresh db, after the first pass. I'd turn off all the MBID checking features for the first scan / refresh via the "settings" menu, then turn them on again for the second pass / update as those features being on greatly extends the time it takes to do a scan (which it will do for each refresh / scan / update).

Hope that makes sense.
Hi,

I have tried all workarounds suggested here including stef.an's fork and no luck.
I am running KODI 14.2 on Minix Neo 8 (Android 4.2). I am getting the following error:
Code:
12:08:57 T:1926220800   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named PIL
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.cdartmanager-Helix/default.py", line 99, in <module>
                                                from download import auto_download
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.cdartmanager-Helix/resources/lib/download.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas how to work round this one?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
(2015-03-02, 13:45)tmalkiew Wrote: Hi,

I have tried all workarounds suggested here including stef.an's fork and no luck.
I am running KODI 14.2 on Minix Neo 8 (Android 4.2). I am getting the following error:
Any ideas how to work round this one?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Now that's weird because exactly this issue is described as resolved in 14.2 beta 1.
I'm sorry but i don't think I can do anything about this as long as PIL is not correctly available on Android...

http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-2-helix-beta-1-some-more-fixes/
Code:
* Fix: packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
stef.an thx for a prompt reply.

Will keep digging.

Tom
I'm a such a liar:

Code:
Starting Kodi (14.1 Git:2015-01-30-38e4046-dirty). Platform: Android ARM 32-bit

Will update this afternoon. Hopefully this will fix it.

Thanks
(2015-03-02, 14:29)tmalkiew Wrote: I'm a such a liar:

Code:
Starting Kodi (14.1 Git:2015-01-30-38e4046-dirty). Platform: Android ARM 32-bit

Will update this afternoon. Hopefully this will fix it.

Thanks

Nice Big Grin

Anyway - I've committed a fix for this to my GIT, now the script silently skips the image size check (so it will not replace low res images) if PIL is not available instead of crashing. I think this version should do it on Android.
Grab your copy here if you don't want to update to the beta yet: https://github.com/stefansielaff/script....tree/Helix
It's working!

Thanks JoeBlow42069, gibxxi, stef.an!
stef.an, thanks a mill. Didn't have a chance to upgrade to beta yet but will try your fix later. Thanks again.

T
(2015-03-03, 10:14)guyonphone Wrote: It's working!

Thanks JoeBlow42069, gibxxi, stef.an!

Well done m8. Smile
Stef.an, your new version is working like a charm on 14.1 as well as 14.2 (just updated).

Thank you so much.

Tom
this is probably my stupidity , but im not able to get passed the initial cdart manager loading screen no matter what i try.
this both happens on a mac with kodi 14.01 (confluence) and on a linuxbox with generic openelec .

I tried to delete the music db , the plugins own db and ive tried to start without music in my musiclib .
Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks for a great addon Smile
Thank you stef.an I appreciate the work Smile
Hi all. Thanks for the awesome addon.

I need some direction. First time user of the script. If I understand correctly if I put a directory in the "Path to Music Folder" settings, all the logo, fanart, extra fanart etc goes there but NOT the discart, album cover etc.

Is there a way to dump them all the directory specified in the "Path to Music Folder"? If not, why?

Thanks
Because when Kodi scrapes your music collection, that's where it expects to see your folder.jpg's and cdart.png's. It won't assign that artwork if it's placed anywhere else. Other types of artwork aren't handled by Kodi directly, but by skins/plugins you have installed.
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6