• 2(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
Version 0.9.8 - http://www.mediafire.com/?o3c67jd9z3x5c1x

- improved recognized artist search
- improved cdART listing speed
- Added the ability to delete local cdART files(Advanced -> Local cdART List -> click on item and select Delete cdART)
- submit to the official repo(hopefully I fixed all my mistakes...)
Now available through the official repo..
i can't seem to use bjørk
instead it finds bjArk same for bløf.

could you please solve this?

i'm almost finished with the +/- 300 cdarts. Will bulk send them to you tomorrow or the day after.
is there any particular reason for using 450x450 image size? I like to keep my images fairly high quality just i cause i want to print them at a later time for instance. Is it performance issues? everyone nowadays seem to have enough harddisk space....
wonder if it's possible, if local cdart is found, that is not on the site, could it be automatically uploaded?
can we do anything with front.jpg, back.jpg, inside.jpg, inlay.jpg and booklet1.jpg, booklet2.jpg?

i have a fair amount of those also. On the other hand.....such a database would grow to immense proportions in the end i think. Any ideas? maybe just front, back and cdart?
Is there any other source besides xbmcstuff? The albums there are fairly limited.
To learn more, click here.
igotdvds Wrote:Is there any other source besides xbmcstuff? The albums there are fairly limited.
problem is transparent png's are needed and all cdart images over the web are standard jpg's. So we're stuck converting them manually to build a new database like the manual in the first post describes.
I'm getting pysqulite2 error with 0.9.8 from official repo.
Code:
23:25:34 T:2990242672 M:1201745920    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
23:25:34 T:2990242672 M:1201745920   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
23:25:34 T:2990242672 M:1201745920   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named pysqlite2
23:25:34 T:2990242672 M:1201745920   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 31, in ?
                                                import gui
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 25, in ?
                                                from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
                                            ImportError: No module named pysqlite2
23:25:34 T:2990242672 M:1201745920    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
mrto: Which version of XBMC are you using? The script.modules.pysqlite(which this program depends on) doesn't always get compiled on specific versions of XBMC. Though I might be able to get the correct files to you based on your version.

redje - Locally you can have the cdARTs at any size, I believe that the one's who really created the cdART(Reaven, Ronie and I believe Joe Brady had some good input) decided on that size, probably for uploading(ie on xbmcstuff). It's a decent size for XBMC. There are ways to batch resize(and keep the transparency background) which only makes one extra step.

igotdvds - redje is correct on the fact the files needed are special. Plus have you checked how bad some of those sites are, they have album art labeled as cd's, poorly cropped scans - way too much for a script to sort through and get the desired picture. Just like almost everything about XBMC, cdARTs only gets better through the community. It takes me about 2 minutes to make a cdART. I am slowly going through my own library, I have only reached the D's and like many others uploading the new cdARTs. I have personally have uploaded about 240 cdARTs to XBMCSTUFF, with many many more to go...

joebrady - right now, no. I don't know much about websites and how to implement the action of automatic uploading(on the web side.) The script could easily be modified to upload.
giftie - Me either, just throwing the idea out there in case it was do-able.

CdArts was all Reaven's doing. Imaginos created the XBMCStuff site to host them. Ronnie embraced the idea and added it to his T! skin. I had no input, I just like them and made a bunch. Wink

PS - is there an option to save the cdart in the albums folder, just as cdart.png?
one thing i keep thinking about. If we are uploading 450x450px cdarts. Why aren't we uploading 500x500px front covers (folder.jp). As most of the music scrapers have a poor resolution. If one has a 450x450 cdart, we can assume he also has a 500x500px folder.jpg.
joebrady Wrote:wonder if it's possible, if local cdart is found, that is not on the site, could it be automatically uploaded?

I also think this would be a great idea if implemented. In addition both XBMCStuff and your addon could have some kind of system for flagging cdart that is either the wrong dimensions or low quality. That way the database would be less prone to being filled with crap.

I would be more than happy to share with all every cdart png I have made that is not in the database. It would make everything that bit more user friendly if the whole process was automated. Which would in turn make XBMCStuffs database a lot more diverse with people contributing effortlessly. Big Grin
joebrady - in the settings you can set it up so it saves as Artist/Album/cdart.png or do you have a different way of storing your music that I need to consider? ie Album/cdart.png. Now thinking about that I'll add that option anyways..

redje - definitly a music scraper issue.. I always thought it used the folder.jpg file if it was found.(I could be wrong...)
giftie Wrote:redje - definitly a music scraper issue.. I always thought it used the folder.jpg file if it was found.(I could be wrong...)
yes it does, but now everyone has to download the folder.jpg manually for each album. If we can automate the downloading process by uploading the folder.jpg to xbmcstuff the same way as cdarts. No one has to download each cd cover manually anymore. See my point?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6