• 3(current)
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
giftie Wrote:joebrady - in the settings you can set it up so it saves as Artist/Album/cdart.png or do you have a different way of storing your music that I need to consider? ie Album/cdart.png. Now thinking about that I'll add that option anyways..

ah, it was just a mis-understanding by me, I saw that in the settings and thought it was going to save the file as, (artist)-(album).png, as this was the way some earlier skin mods were using them. My bad.
I was just looking into modifying the script but realized that I think it does do what you wanted.. It uses the music path for the album to store the cdART(as cdart.png) I made it this way because the scripts that are currently Dhrama ready pull the cdARTs from the music path. Which I believe is the norm and should be as well... I kind put that option in for the ability to use the cdARTs with those other skins, just would take the user a couple of steps.
I wouldn't worry about it, I think those were all old mods and the everyone kinda agreed that cdart.png in the music path was the best way to go.
When I try and run this in the reFocus skin, it does nothing - how can I debug this?
Hey guys Im having a little trouble running this script. What is the best way to install it? I dragged it over to my scripts folder with all my others but its a no go for me. Thanks for the help.
Hooper818 - What version of XBMC are you using?

MacLeod_1980 - What version of XBMC are you using?
giftie Wrote:It uses the music path for the album to store the cdART(as cdart.png) I made it this way because the scripts that are currently Dhrama ready pull the cdARTs from the music path. Which I believe is the norm and should be as well...

This may be a stupid question but I wonder WHY is that so? The idea of storing a zillion of graphic files/nfos/etc with the actual media files always gave me an uneasy feeling.

I use CDArts in a completely separate folder, totally out of XBMC, and I symlink it wherever I need it. And I can easily check it if I have a CDArt or not, I can easily back it up and so on, without checking the zillion albums/folders where the actual music resides, if there are some cdart.png files mixed with the rest.

Not quite a question for your script giftie, which btw it does an awesome job. But if you have any desire to expand on the logic, I'd like to be enlighten. Smile Thanks!
easier to handle, less caracters/encoding errors, information sgathering ...
giftie Wrote:mrto: Which version of XBMC are you using? The script.modules.pysqlite(which this program depends on) doesn't always get compiled on specific versions of XBMC. Though I might be able to get the correct files to you based on your version.
I'm using Dharma on gentoo (modified ebuild from portage to use internal python and internal ffmpeg). I have /usr/lib/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib but nothing in it.
I'm checking whole compile & installation process. Report soon.
Mrto - from my understanding the script.module.pil and pysqlite need to be built before the main make.
ie: ./bootstrap
./configure
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite
make
make install...

I may be wrong, but I did this once and it appeared in my addons folder.
giftie Wrote:Hooper818 - What version of XBMC are you using?

MacLeod_1980 - What version of XBMC are you using?

Hi giftie, im using camelot 9.11.
Sorry it only works with Dharma or svn releases.
giftie Wrote:Mrto - from my understanding the script.module.pil and pysqlite need to be built before the main make.
ie: ./bootstrap
./configure
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil
make -C lib/addons/script.module.pysqlite
make
make install...

I may be wrong, but I did this once and it appeared in my addons folder.
Thanks, its working now.
Getting 'script failed' for this, here's a bit of my debug log:

Code:
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1442004992  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1442000896  NOTICE: C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1441996800  NOTICE: ############################################################
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1441996800  NOTICE: #    CDArt Manager Script                                  #
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1441996800  NOTICE: #    script.cdartmanager                                   #
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1441894400  NOTICE: #    Giftie                                                #
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1441894400  NOTICE: #    0.9.8                                                 #
11:20:38 T:2528 M:1441894400  NOTICE: ############################################################
11:20:42 T:2528 M:1440862208   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
11:20:42 T:2528 M:1440862208   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named pysqlite2
11:20:42 T:2528 M:1440796672   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\default.py", line 31, in ?
                                                import gui
                                              File "C:\Users\Nathan\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 25, in ?
                                                from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
                                            ImportError: No module named pysqlite2

Any ideas? Downloaded through the addons repo, running from the scripts menu, rev31504 for win7.
Hello there.

I have to say, that I really love the CDart, but I have been less than disappointed by my own efforts at creating them.

I realised quite quickly that I was having trouble making everything line up, especially when I used scans from websites. Sometimes the perspective is wrong, there is a shadow or whatever.

So, I started cropping only the labels, and removing anything that had didn't have any design on it. At first I was very pleased with the results, but when I saw them in XBMC, they looked odd.The most glaring issue was that each CD had a different sized hole in the middle.

So, with the aid of Gimp, and a couple of plugins, I have found a way to rectify this issue.

First, I created a blank CD image 454x454 and tried my best to make it look shiny like a blank CD does.

Second, I placed the labels I had already created over it and merged the layers.

Finally, I resized back to 450x450. (The reason I made the image slighty larger in the first place is because most CDs have a border around the label).

Now, I am very pleased with the results, although I am sure someone can make a better background image than I.

I'd love to show you the results, but I can't figure out how to upload pics.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script6