Need a knowledgable linux person w/ live install to help me
well, im redoing my asrock ion330 for the xxxth time. im trying to get raid 0 to work with the two 500gb sata harddrives.

it obviously fails hard with the 9.11 live install cd, but ive worked around most of it.

i managed to get xbmc live installed onto the 1tb raid, and used a ubuntu desktop live cd to install/configure grub 0.97, then install/configure dmraid which in turn updated initramfs

so now, the install boots by itself. shows the xbmc splash screen and goes to a login prompt.. and refuses my password setup in the installSad

why does it reject the user/pass i have no idea.. but i can change the password with the desktop live cd no problem..

but it should login directly, and straight to the xbmc interface.

so i know theres grub arguments im missing to make this happen.

if anybody is able to ssh into their normal live install and would like to help me tonight id really appreciate it.

aim; thiskiNOSPAMdhasaids (remove nospam)
ok so i noticed that when the live cd fails the grub install.

it never makes the xbmc user at all, and skips alot of other steps.
anybody know what else is ran after that?

i managed to get my install to run/login on raid0
but it doesnt auto login like the xbmclive install would get it, without the splash. and other things.
It would have been easier to use this guide http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMCbuntu as a starting point instead of the Live CD, and instead of minimal Ubuntu just used the Ubuntu alternate CD witch supports raid.
Don't now if the XBMC repository are added in the live, if it is you could try to reinstall xbmc-live
Code:
sudo apt-get --reinstall install xbmc-live
If the repository is missing, add it first, how to do it is in the guide.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a knowledgable linux person w/ live install to help me0