Read separate multiple genre tags for music
Use a tagging app that actually uses the features of ID3v2.4, rather than forcing it all into a single string with some arbitrary separator.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry for the bump, but I was trying to solve the same issue, and I can help the guy below:

(2013-05-08, 01:38)johncrumpton Wrote: I'm trying to get the semi-colon working via advancedsettings.xml as Picard uses this via it's Last fm tags plugin.

Use the "last.fm.Plus" plugin instead of the regular last.fm one. In the plugin settings, it lets you choose the separator, or you can leave it blank to use separate tags for each genre.
Still does not work with this, even after re-scan:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<musiclibrary>
    <itemseparator>; </itemseparator>
</musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>

My files' tags are separated by "; ", not as Kodi shows them without a space.

Or am I doing it wrong?
Do you have a space either side of the separator? So for example:

Rock ; Alternative Rock
No, they are separated like this:

Rock; Alternative Rock

I think that is wrong, when I last tried this the default / separator needed a space either side to work.
Got it working. Foobar writes ID3v2.4 for untagged files only, not for ones already tagged with v2.3. I thought it would. So I had to overwrite all my non-ID3v2.4 tags and let Kodi re-scan and now it works.
They are still seperated like "Rock; Alternative Rock".

Thank you for the help jjd-uk!
ID3v2.4 also supports multiple genre tags instead of one tag with a bunch of separators. That way you don't have to worry about the separator at all.
(2014-12-23, 07:39)Intruder66 Wrote: Got it working. Foobar writes ID3v2.4 for untagged files only, not for ones already tagged with v2.3. I thought it would. So I had to overwrite all my non-ID3v2.4 tags and let Kodi re-scan and now it works.
They are still seperated like "Rock; Alternative Rock".

Thank you for the help jjd-uk!

Thanks for reporting back, good to know it does work with the separators like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read separate multiple genre tags for music0