[MOD] ViewsPictures
After reading a post about launching CBRs. I became more interested in viewing comics in XBMC. I wanted to scroll through the CBRs by viewing the covers as large as possible so I modified the PictureWrapView.
The first mod is a folder view. It has a new graphic as a border that looks like comic pages and also has a logo.The font that displays the folder name is as close as a comic title I could find that would work universally.
I made a second custom xml for an issue view that has a thought bubble graphic with comic lettering font to display issue info yet still show original comic logo.
While I was in the mod mood I made a pic thumb view with a handwriting font and polaroid graphic background for thumbs.
I would like to add pic names in the white space on the polaroid graphic below the thumb. Hopefully I'll be able to find some info in the skin manual or be able to do some backwards engineering.
The graphics were created in flash but now that I have the layout, I may put some more effort into it and do a more detailed versions in illustrator and photoshop.
Any advice would be appreciated. I am new to modding.
The main thing that makes the mod versatile is changing aspect ratio from keep to stretch then pics with lots of headroom work really well.
I included the black alpha gradient so it would cover original comic titlr and the info would be easier to read.
Changed things up a little. Added a background also.
good work !
Thanks PPIC.
I realize this isn't ground breaking stuff but here's an update.
Added visible tags to the labels, so it would show Comics instead of Pictures when views are activated. Also animated backgrounds.
Animation start
Animation end
one is 2 seconds other is a longer ken burns deal.
cool.
can we download this somewhere?
how well does reading the comics work? is there any way to add different viewtypes for reading like fit to width/hight or 2 pages on one screen etc?
would be cool!
This is pretty cool. You should give us a download.
Sorry for not replying I will clean up the mod and try to set up a download soon.

I have been busy working on a skin starting from the Empty skin uploaded by WIRED.
I am two weeks into it and still finding things that need to be tweaked.

home screen
fanart view
gameview
sub menu
CD view
strip view
the comics view is in there too as well as a couple of picture views
a skin is a lot of work even with the great start WIRED provides

I appreciate the work of all the great skinners and programmers that are out there even more now.
A big thanks to them for their time and donated skill.
That looks interesting. Looking forward to trying it out down the road.
Thanks AMRA . the focus is on legibility for an old tv in our house.
Thats why there are a lot of bold large fonts and why I am using a lot of large icons and thumbs in the views.
plot info view
bridgman Wrote:Thanks AMRA . the focus is on legibility for an old tv in our house.
Thats why there are a lot of bold large fonts and why I am using a lot of large icons and thumbs in the views.
plot info view
Exactly the reason I modified Alaska & came up with BIG Alaska. I think there are more of us around with old TVs than some may think. Laugh
I just checked out BIG ALASKA great work. If I would have seen it before I started this skin ,I may have been dragging my heels more and just using your mod.
The big views and fonts also help with the media center acceptance to the living room. Everyone here seems fine with the cable providers maze of channels and settings, but are immediately put of by the suggestion of a media PC.
I found shortcuts to family photos,videos and kid friendly media help also.
pseudoheld Wrote:cool.
can we download this somewhere?
how well does reading the comics work? is there any way to add different viewtypes for reading like fit to width/hight or 2 pages on one screen etc?
would be cool!
Reading comics works great with XBMC you just click on the cbr like a pic and read it. You can magnify it by hitting 1-9 on the keyboard (3 seems to work best). Once it is magnified use the arrow keys to move the page/jpeg up and down o to the side. The period and comma keys will go to next and previous while magnified.
too bad you stopped updating since this skin really looked nice...
Robotica Wrote:too bad you stopped updating since this skin really looked nice...

I have been working on the skin still I posted a few pics and info here
It has evolved quite a bit.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85176
Any chance the comic mod will see the light of day?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] ViewsPictures1