Can't display album artwork images
Hi, wondered if someone could help?

When scanning in my music library or updating it, the album artwork image isn't being shown.

I use a folder.png file in each album folder and I have added folder.png to the advancedsettings.xml file but it is not automatically showing the image.

It finds the image when scanning and puts it in the cache and if I click on album information, the image is there, but to get it to display in the library I have to manually click on 'get thumb' and then choose 'local', not 'current' (even though they are the same) and it will then show in the library and therefore the now playing screen etc...

It used to work that if I updated the library, any new album images would automatically show, after coming out and going back into the library.

Any ideas on how to get them to show automatically?

I'm using r31746 (although this issue has been the same for quite a few recent builds) on Windows 7. I normally use Transparency! but this is the same on all skins I've tried.

Many thanks in advance.
In case it helps, debug log is here; http://pastebin.com/6kiJwGHg
Buff Wrote:Hi, wondered if someone could help?

When scanning in my music library or updating it, the album artwork image isn't being shown.

I use a folder.png file in each album folder and I have added folder.png to the advancedsettings.xml file but it is not automatically showing the image.

It finds the image when scanning and puts it in the cache and if I click on album information, the image is there, but to get it to display in the library I have to manually click on 'get thumb' and then choose 'local', not 'current' (even though they are the same) and it will then show in the library and therefore the now playing screen etc...

It used to work that if I updated the library, any new album images would automatically show, after coming out and going back into the library.

Any ideas on how to get them to show automatically?

I'm using r31746 (although this issue has been the same for quite a few recent builds) on Windows 7. I normally use Transparency! but this is the same on all skins I've tried.

Many thanks in advance.

try folder.jpg
|-<:)
Thanks for that |-<Smile

All my album art is in .png format due to a conversion process that gives each image a sheen finish, rounded corners etc... To then convert them all to .jpg format would be a bit of a pain, especially as I know this was working ok a few builds ago or in Camelot.

So if anyone has any idea why they're not being picked up or how to get it working, that would be great?
You could try advanced settings.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...dthumbs.3E

Btw skins can make rounded corners etc..
Backup your thumbs and try jpg Wink
Thanks Waffa, as previously mentioned I have tried advancedsettings; adding folder.png to the musicthumbs setting and it works in that they are scraped and cached, but the library still does not automatically show them.

The most annoying thing is that it used to work, so I guess it must be a change in a recent build - but unless there is another xml file that I can change, other than the advancedsettings file, I guess I'll have to rename them jpg's as you suggest.

The problem is with over 4,500 albums, it's not a task I'm looking forward to!!

Hopefully I've got my advancedsettings file correctly setup?

<advancedsettings>
<musicthumbs>
<add>folder.png</add>
</musicthumbs>
</advancedsettings>

Any help would be appreciated
Export your png's to jpg's.

Microsoft office picture manager does the job in a few minutes.

Edit:
Oops, your thumbs are not all in one folder hmm maybe a renamer aplication cuold do the trick.
Thanks, but unfortunately doing it that way removes the transparency from the png image and they don't look good - so it seems to be a case of renaming them one by one, unless there's some other software package available.
Managed to get this working, I added *.png (folder.png was already there) to the advancedsettings file and it is now picking it up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't display album artwork images0