Actor Thumbs Question
I'm not having much luck storing TV show actor thumbs on my NAS (windows based) and getting XBMC Live find them. I understand that the thumbs need to be in a folder named ".actors". In windows, the prefix dot is for hidden files. Is that correct? Should I put this folder under the Series name folder for actors that appear in all seasons, or do I have to make separate actor folders under each season folder? I just can seem to figure this out :confused2:
patpend Wrote:I'm not having much luck storing TV show actor thumbs on my NAS (windows based) and getting XBMC Live find them. I understand that the thumbs need to be in a folder named ".actors". In windows, the prefix dot is for hidden files. Is that correct? Should I put this folder under the Series name folder for actors that appear in all seasons, or do I have to make separate actor folders under each season folder? I just can seem to figure this out :confused2:
Put the .actors folder in the tv show folder and in each season folder(well that's how xbmc scraped mine)
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
So the actor folder should be a "dot" folder? Literally named ".actors"?
OK. I got actor thumbs working using the ".actors" folder. Here is how i did it.

Those of us that run our media servers under Windows will find that we CANNOT make a file folder starting with a "dot" using file explorer. You will need to use the "md" command in Windows shell OR use an ftp program that uses the Windows API. I used ws_ftp LE (and ftp program). You need to install it on the windows media server, then you can use ws_ftp's MKDIR button to create the ".actors" folder.

I placed the ".actors" folder under the folder with the TV series name. Example, the folder "Hawaiian Eye" has the folder ".actors", "Season 1" and "Season 2". I then place an image "robert_conrad.tbn" in the ".actors". At first, the image did not appear, but did appear after I refreshed the series (when asked if you want to refresh every eposode, pick no). The thumb appeared under the general info page AND under every epsode Conrad appeared in.

Note that the actor image must be named the same as the text that was scraped from TVDB, but does not need to be capitalized. The file name must use the "underscore" in place of spaced and must end in ".tbn".

Those using Windows will also have to change file properties to allow hidden file folders and file types (like .jpg or .tbn) to be displayed. You do this via control panel -> Appearance -> folder options. Changing these properties will allow you to see the ".actors" folder and allow you to change .jpg to .tbn.

Hope this helps others to get actor thumbs to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actor Thumbs Question1