How to replace "empty blue chairs" image in stock Confluence.
1) I am a noob.

2) I've done due diligence (about an hour's worth now) and can't figure this out.

I'm running a pretty vanilla install of XBMC on Windows 7, maybe a three week old download/install. I've been able to figure out how to customize pretty much everything else the way I want it, but I'd love to replace the 'empty blue chairs' default image with something else.

This is the image that displays when you have the ".." selected at the top of a list of shows or episodes in Library mode. In other words, I think it's the default image that is displayed when there is no actual show selected.

It does not seem to be selectable via the Skin settings within XBMC itself, and I've dug through the Program Files(x86) and AppData directories and can't find anything obvious.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. The picture reminds me of airplane seats, heh.
Either replace defaultvideo.png, or check hide "parent folder items" in Video settings- means that the "..." wont show...

or It's a line like so:

Quote:<texture background="true" diffuse="postermatte.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>

you would need to change it to:

Quote:<texture background="true" diffuse="postermatte.png" fallback="foo.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I believe this image is either part of the textures.xbt file or will be in the backgrounds/ folder of the skin. Check path_to_xbmc/addons/skin.confluence.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

mcborzu Wrote:Either replace defaultvideo.png, or check hide "parent folder items" in Video settings- means that the "..." wont show...

This is working reasonably well for me (you still see a flash of the chairs before it renders the first selected show's art, for example, but it's not nearly so pervasive now with typical browsing).

I also wanted to follow up for posterity:

Quote:I believe this image is either part of the textures.xbt file or will be in the backgrounds/ folder of the skin. Check path_to_xbmc/addons/skin.confluence.

The other default imagery for confluence is indeed in there (well, xbmc\skin\confluence\background), but not this one.

I'm not at the skill level of knowing what textures.xbt is, but I'll keep it in mind.

Quote:or It's a line like so:...

This is also probably outside of my current knowledge level, but thank you.

The first workaround is totally acceptable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to replace "empty blue chairs" image in stock Confluence.0