Ubuntu 10.04 Remote Help
I know this has been discussed before and I have searched the forums and the web but still can't get my remote working again since I upgraded to 10,04

My setup:
ASrock 330HT
Harmony One remote

I installed the latest drivers from ASrock's site and upgraded my version of LIRC. The remote will turn the HTPC on but will not work within XBMC.

Can someone please help me with this?
What kernel you have? 2.6.32-23? There are problems to run lirc on this kernel.
I am using 2.6.32-23-generic.

I will update that and see if that fixes my problem.

Thanks,

Edit - I removed the 2.6.32-23-generic kernel and reinstalled 2.6.32-22. This did not fix my problem.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know what kernel I use? I just updated to 10.04 Lucid, and I guess I use the "default one"?

I can check later tonight.

But you think it has to do with the kernel, and not that XBMC has overwritten some lirc- or MCE-remote file?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
I'm not too sure....I am a Linux rookie.

I was just following the advice of Scalpel.

I just think it's weird that I can use the remote to turn the machine on but not use it in XBMC.

Maybe I need to remap the buttons in a config file, but I looked into that and it seems they are there. Also, I didn't have to map anything when I set it all up in Ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks for all help!
Maybe I have solved my problem.

First I updated the Kernel to -24, but that didn't fixed the problem. Still no Lirc.

Today I looked in /etc/lirc and found that I had hardware.conf and lircd.conf files that was pretty much empty.

But there was also hardware.conf.old and lircd.conf.dpkg-old that had my correct settings. I only changed that back, and rebooted. Now when typing "irw", at least something is happening.

Will try the remote later today. @work right now.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 10.04 Remote Help0