Regarding Local Fanart
Love Transperancy by the way. Best skin I used. I was using Mediastream before, but I like how Transperancy shows pretty much the whole fanart picture with the movie list (small) on the right, and not having plot and stuff automatically come up on screen. I enjoy seeing my fanart!

I have a question regarding my local fanart that I have for some of my files. I went through and picked quite a number of nice fanart for some of my files. From the initial scrape it picked out certain fanart imagery that I didn't like, so I got some more from Movie Database and have them stored in each folder as "fanart.jpg". I also have my library set to update on startup.

I found that on the update, it doesn't pick up the fanart from the folder (i.e. the local fanart) and still uses the ones that were scraped. I found I had to either go and do a refresh on each file (or select Get fanart and select "Local fanart" - which is faster).

I have tried some settings here and there in the Skin settings "use fanart instead of visualisation etc." but either I am doing something wrong, or this is just what needs to be done. Or do I have to remove the scraper and re-add it.

I have my TV shows to do next, but before I go through that, need to know the best way to get the local fanart used.
Nothing to do with the skin. Moving.

The only way to update movies after changing local fanart is to refresh them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You could delete your Fanart folder then the new ones will get added that's all I did when I updated mine didn't fancy refreshing them

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regarding Local Fanart0