[LIVE] Why won't live boot?
Hi,

Im trying to use Live on my little HTPC, the spec as follows - ASUS AT3N7A-I NVIDIA ION with Intel Atom N330 Dual & 2Mb RAM -

I couldn't get the Live CD to boot on my main machine either, Asus P5Q-Pro & Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT - but managed to boot on my moms old Dell machine no problems, installed to a USB drive, and was able, again on my moms pc, to boot into live from the USB drive.

However, when I try and boot to the USB on either of the above PCs its says there is no suitable boot media installed? I though maybe I needed to install an Nvidia driver on to the USB install, but when in Windows it doesn't shows as an available drive so I can't access it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Right ok, I've just come across the HOW-TO for the Acer Revo - Im guessing I need to go through a similar procedure with my system - split the ISO, install the drivers, then burn the image...

Can anybody confirm this for me please?
Im not sure where im going wrong with this -

I've now tried placing the latest Nvidia linux drivers in to the 9.11 ISO - this wouldn't boot on either Nvidia machine

I've installed the XBMC Freak Live for ION to my USB hard drive and that won't load on either machine either!

Im not sure what else to try!

Can anybody confirm where I need to put the .run drive file on the 9.11 ISO please? I've trawled the forums for over 2 hours this morning and I can't find what I'm looking for -

I thought about booting live on the machine it does work on, and install the Nvidia drivers through command line - but I can't find the commands needed for this, even if it is possible! I ran sudo apt-get update & sudo apt-get -f upgrade, but this didn't get it running either.

Any help with this would be greatly appreaciated - after 5 days of trying to get live to boot, im starting to consider a return back to MediaBrowser!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Why won't live boot?0