[LIVE] Video files just flash colors
This is my second install of XBMC live and it still does this. Every time I choose to play a video file, it starts to play and the audio works perfectly, but the video is just flashing colors. I am running a ATI HD4650 PCIe video card and I did install the drivers, but that didn't help. Everything it hooked up through HDMI.

I've tried playing both Divx/Xvid and MKV files. Both do the same thing.

XBMC Live 9.11
2GB Ram
3.2ghz Intel Processor
ATI HD 4650 Video Card
2 x 1TB SATA drives
Solution: In XBMC Video playback settings changing rendering method to Basic (ARB)

Took way too long searching to find that answer.
rynet91 Wrote:Solution: In XBMC Video playback settings changing rendering method to Basic (ARB)

Thanks for sharing, this solved my problem too.

Sometimes in some scenes with a lot of movements in it, the screen looks like it's cut in two. I can live with that since it is hardly noticeable. Anyways, does it have something to do with that rendering method?
Locutusweb Wrote:Thanks for sharing, this solved my problem too.

Sometimes in some scenes with a lot of movements in it, the screen looks like it's cut in two. I can live with that since it is hardly noticeable. Anyways, does it have something to do with that rendering method?

hint, vsync.
davilla Wrote:hint, vsync.
Check!Nod Vertical lines are away and the weird thing is; that high pitch sound is gone too.
Thanks davilla!

I Loooove XMBC!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Video files just flash colors1