Crash to desktop playing any kind of videos
Question 
Hi,

As soon as I try to play any types of videos (mkv, avi, or videos from addons like apple movie trailer in the new addon system, ...), xbmc crash to desktop.

The message shown in the terminal is:
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

My other computer has no trouble playing the same videos. It is running the same build but with different specs (i.e. more powerful + Nvidia gfx with vdpau) .

I might be doing something wrong, maybe an option I should deactivate during the ./configure step, but I don't know which one. I already deactivated crystalhd and vdpau... (see my notes below).

===========Information===================
1. System specs
Kernel Linux 2.6.32-21-generic
CPU: Intel Pentium D 2.66 (dual)
Memory: 2.9 GB
Mobo chipset: Intel 945gi

2. Linux Distribution and Version (eg. Ubuntu 8.04, Gentoo 2007.0-r1, etc)
= LinuxMint Release 9 (isadora) (based on Ubuntu 10.04)

3. Architecture (eg. i686, x86_64, etc. See below.)
= x86_64 GNU/Linux

4. Install Method (PPA, RPM, build.sh, manual, other)
= Built from source, following the instructions from the README.linux located in the source folder (svn up to date as of july 15th 2010).

NOTES:
==> I had to use the option --enable-crystalhd=no since it was giving me errors with crystalhd at the ./configure step.
==> I also used the option --enable-vdpau=no since I was receiving an error with vdpau when I ran xbmc from the terminal. Note that my video chipset is from Intel (no vdpau).

5. SVN Revision (See below.)
= XBMC PRE-10.05 r31823

6. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
Any video I try to play makes Xbmc crash to desktop. It can be a mkv, an avi or a video from the Apple Movie Trailer Light from the addon system.

7. FULL Debug Log (Please use your favorite paste site! See below.) << NOT OPTIONAL!
= http://pastebin.ca/1901269

8. Backtrace (Only attainable if XBMC has crashed. See below.)
= http://pastebin.ca/1901281

9. Compiler Output (Only useful if XBMC doesn't build. See below.)
= does not apply
==========================================

Already tried a few revisions in the last 2 weeks.

Let me know if more information is required.

Thanks!
If I recall correctly it could be an issue with libmesa executing 3dnow instructions on 64 bit intel.
32 bit doesn't suffer from this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash to desktop playing any kind of videos0