Resume playback on a folder
Didnt see it mentioned here. Folder with multiple short video clips. At the moment, XBMC resumes play back on a particular video clip. But if I play all video clips in a folder together and stop it somewhere, it should be able to resume the play back from the last file played.
There was a post about this in the last 2 days. Answer is no. A folder is treated like a playlist, and we also don't resume position within playlists.

It would be something useful to have, I agree. A patch addressing it would certainly be looked at. I suspect we'd need a separate table in the database to handle this, similar to the bookmarks table. The only potential problem is the number of items in the playlist or folder might change. So you'd have to store both the path, and the path to the last played item. You'd then use the resume position within that item if it exists, or skip to the next item.

Potential problems are: How and when do you save this information. We don't know what folder we're playing from necessarily, and if the user goes and queues a bunch of other files up, you no longer have a unique source (a folder or playlist) that your'e playing from.

Lots of things to think about!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

At the moment, when I open a folder with multiple videos, it shows me a tick mark for the ones that are played. I can just browse to the first file to be played and click it to play. But then it does not automatically go to the next file. In order for the video files to play in succession I have to select the whole folder and play in which case it will start always from the beginning. Then manually we have to skip till we reach the file that is not yet played.

In folders with music files, for example, its not a problem. If I select one file from a folder containing MP3s it will automatically progress towards to next file. Can this be made possible for video files at least?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume playback on a folder0