Suggested Feature - Jump to File/Folder/Library item by typing start of the name
I would like to suggest that XBMC implement a feature that would allow the user to press letters A-Z (or possible 0-9) and immediately get it to jump down to the first item starting with that letter or combination of letters.

I have a quite a large music collection and it would nice to start typing for example "Mich" and have XBMC jump down to Michael jackson this would be exactly the same as windows file explorer when typing the start of a filename.

I realize that this would be totally useless for people using a remote control without a keyboard. But many users of XBMC have HTPC keyboards. I use the DiNovo Mini which is awesome.

This feature could work in library mode or file mode. I'd be interested if anyone else feels this would be a good feature.

Thanks

bobb09
how will xbmc know what kind of file you wanna play/see (pictures, movie, tvshow, music...)
Hold down SHIFT and type. I can't recall offhand if that takes more than just the first letter or not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall

Awesome that works.. Thanks and it does accept multiple characters.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggested Feature - Jump to File/Folder/Library item by typing start of the name0