[SOLVED ]Performance poor compared to Boxee - why?!
I have been an avid user of XBMC for awhile now. Lately though, I have been noticing certain video files have been performing pretty bad. There have been a lot of dropped frames and poor vertical panning. This is mostly with 1080P content. The standard DVD quality content has been pretty good for the most part.

Windows Media Player with the K-Lite codec pack plays everything smooth as butter.

I started looking around to see if there were performance tweaks I could do and ran across just the title of a thread where someone mentioned Boxee was performing better. I didn't read the thread, but I did try installing Boxee to see how it would perform. It performs just as well as Windows Media Player does - perfectly smooth.

So my question out to you guys is: why?!

The build I am using is the official build from the xbmc.org site, which I noticed is a little long in the tooth. Is that a possible reason why?
If your cpu isn't good enough for 1080p you need hardware decoding from your GPU (DXVA) which is probably why boxee and media player are smooth

You need the very latest version to get DXVA in XBMC its not in the version your using

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/
Note that in the Windows version hardware acceleration is only supported on Vista (ugh) or Windows 7. It won't work on Windows XP.

JR
What acceleration support is in XBMC for Linux?

I recall that Mplayer can be recompiled to support vdpau: hardware acceleration for NVidia cards.

Does XMBC support vdpau: hardware acceleration for NVidia cards? Is there a build of XMBC to support vdpau? Thanks
buddiemac Wrote:What acceleration support is in XBMC for Linux?

I recall that Mplayer can be recompiled to support vdpau: hardware acceleration for NVidia cards.

Does XBMC support vdpau: hardware acceleration for NVidia cards? Is there a build of XBMC to support vdpau? Thanks

Both XBMC Linux and Live support VDPAU
I installed the newest build and enabled dvxa2 support along with verticle sync. Playback is once again smooth!
airedale Wrote:I installed the newest build and enabled dvxa2 support along with verticle sync. Playback is once again smooth!

What Type of media where you trying to play that this fixed your performance problem?

What Hardware are you using? Just curious if this acceleration is supported for the Nvidia Chipset used on the Intel atom Ion boards.
Ion is accelerated.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED ]Performance poor compared to Boxee - why?!0