Remote Part Doesn't work
Doesn't work for me either.

The weird thing is that I can actually use the web interface remote from my tablet's browser, but I can't use the remote in the app itself.

From a troubleshooting perspective, wouldn't that imply a problem with the app itself rather than something I set up incorrectly (e.g. firewall?)?
The remote part use the event server that use another port / protocol than the Web Interface.

It use the port 9777 in udp when the web interface use the port you choose in tcp.

When the remote part does not work it's most of the time that you forgot to check an option in the settings

The important part is Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
Tolriq Wrote:The remote part use the event server that use another port / protocol than the Web Interface.

It use the port 9777 in udp when the web interface use the port you choose in tcp.

When the remote part does not work it's most of the time that you forgot to check an option in the settings

Thanks, but that is EXACTLY how mine is set up. What is the next thing I should check when the remote part doesn't work?
I want to add that my remote isnt working either, and this issue started a couple nights ago when I updated to EDEN beta3. I might have something in the settings that somehow got turned off, but as it stands right now I would say there is some incompatibility between eden beta 3 and the latest version of this remote.

I have been using the yatse widget to control xbmc as well, and that seems to be working completely as expected.. So this leads me to believe the problem is with the remote app and not xbmc, but I'll leave that one to the pros
eden beta 3, official remote. all still working for me. dbl check your port settings?
wes paich Wrote:eden beta 3, official remote. all still working for me. dbl check your port settings?

Which port settings?

Everything is checked off as it should be in XBMC itself. Turned off firewall in Windows 7.

Only thing I haven't tried is messing with the port-forwarding on my router.
This is weird, i have my remote setup on 2 XBMC's, one is working great, the other is not, the remote it self will not work even though i've checked all ports like a gazillion time, my firewall etc, but another random xbmc remote works fine on both machines...
@ icarus-i meant make sure the port set in the remote matches the port in xbmc network settings
I actually had the same issue with my xbmc android remote app (remote part not working) and just managed to fix it:
I uninstalled the app, then deleted a xbmc folder on my android phone and reinstalled the app.
After configuration everything worked.

I guess a thorough wipe of xbmc fixes issues...
Sorry to hijack the thread and this might be a stupid question but why can't the remote be configured to work via Bluetooth?

On my mac mini the keyboard I use is Bluetooth so XBMC must support this?

Again sorry if this is a daft question but this would surely reduce the errors in operation
I have the same problem, and it is most definitely not user error.

Windows firewall is turned off, and both boxes are checked. I unchecked the boxes, restrarted, rechecked the boxes, and restarted. The remote buttons worked. I paused the video and left. When I came back a few hours later, the remote buttons were no longer working, but everything else worked.
Just in case anyone else still runs into this. My issue turned out to be that I had the UNofficial app installed by accident.

After uninstalling it and installing the "official XBMC remote" app, everything just worked.

The icon images are the same in the Android app store.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Part Doesn't work0