Looking for working GL build.
I posted back in January that I have a computer that isn't compatible with the directx version and was referred to the GL build. It worked great until my computer needed to be reformated. Now I can't get it working again. It seems that Kricker's GL builds are broken and Ikon's website doesn't host them anymore. Is there another site to find older GL builds (around Jan 2010)?
http://xbmc.shadowprojects.net/kricker/
Or there's an OpenGL build of v9.11 on http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
Got it working. Hitcher, none of Kricker's GL builds work. I took the xbmc-mce GL build and merged it with another one I found that didn't work. Now it works. I bet something isn't going to work, but all I need this for is to watch simple movies, no plugins, music, photos, etc.

Thanks
What do you mean by "They do not work"?
kricker Wrote:What do you mean by "They do not work"?

I receive a windows error after installing them and attempting to run it.

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

This happens regardless of the location I install them to, and for every GL build on your site. I've installed, uninstalled and removed the old data files and still the same thing.

This is on an XP setup without administrator access, but no error happens during installation.
Hmmm. I'll have to look into that later...of course now that GL will most likely be dropped all together it may not even be worth it.
kricker Wrote:Hmmm. I'll have to look into that later...of course now that GL will most likely be dropped all together it may not even be worth it.

Don't waste too much of your time on my account. The only reason I'm using the GL version is because I don't have admin privilages and this machine doesn't have directx. I only use it to watch movies while on a business trip anyway. It easily could be something between this computer and the installer.
xm41907, XP SP2 is supposed to include DirectX 9.0c which might be just enough to run the latest dev versions. They have a software mode that doesn't require the Pixel Shaders anymore, if that was the original issue.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
II have old integrated graphics card in my HTPC (Intel GMA 900). Is xbmc going to function faster on OpenGL?
CrystalP Wrote:xm41907, XP SP2 is supposed to include DirectX 9.0c which might be just enough to run the latest dev versions. They have a software mode that doesn't require the Pixel Shaders anymore, if that was the original issue.

Crystal, this comp does have 9,0C but the problem was it couldn't find certain DX files to even allow XBMC to open. Since this is a work computer and I don't have admin privilages, I couldn't do anything to fix it so I needed an alternative.

I've got it working fine now. Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for working GL build.0