Fanart in home menu?
Maybe a dumb question but I will ask it anyway Smile

Is it possible in the home menu, when the movies menu is selected to display random fanart of my movies?

Thank you!
If im understanding you right. You mean the very home menu that has
Music, Videos, Movies, TV Shows, etc.

If so go to settings > skin > background. You can then scroll though the sections, and select a folder or single image.
soulnothing Wrote:If im understanding you right. You mean the very home menu that has
Music, Videos, Movies, TV Shows, etc.

If so go to settings > skin > background. You can then scroll though the sections, and select a folder or single image.

You are correct with the home menu Nod

I know I can change the background image in the settings menu, but is it not possible to show random fanart of movies I already have in my library? The fanart is there so why don't use it? When you access the recently added movies and highlight one the fanart is shown, but I want this random when I highlight the movies menu.

Is that possible?
i have a separate folder for all fanarts from my movie library aditional to the extrafanart folder... so i can use this for random fanart on home menu...

thats the way... or you have to ask for an elegant solution...
:rofl: greetz DanielOcean :rofl:

MY SYSTEM PIC 1 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 2 ... MY SYSTEM PIC 3
Danielocean Wrote:i have a separate folder for all fanarts from my movie library aditional to the extrafanart folder... so i can use this for random fanart on home menu...

thats the way... or you have to ask for an elegant solution...

Hmmm could you explain that a bit? What I do now is get movie information from a movie and donwload the fanart. I have no idea where xmbc stores these images but I think it's not a jpg or something else image stylisch. So I have no idea how to store the images (that are download using the movie information) in a map on the filesystem to use them as background images.

I thought it would be more elegant. Use the fanart from the movies, it's there already. But...No
I am not in front of my XBMC box right now so cannot give you the exact directories, but can explain what I did.

So what I do now for is point back into the thumbnails folders. As you navigate through them you can find individual ones for Music, TV Shows and Movies.

Initially I kept my own seperate folders for background images, but grew tired of maintaining them. Now I only maintain a seperate folder for Photos.
sullydavid Wrote:I am not in front of my XBMC box right now so cannot give you the exact directories, but can explain what I did.

So what I do now for is point back into the thumbnails folders. As you navigate through them you can find individual ones for Music, TV Shows and Movies.

Initially I kept my own seperate folders for background images, but grew tired of maintaining them. Now I only maintain a seperate folder for Photos.

So, if I'm correct...
When I go to settings and point the background for the movies menu to multiple images and use XBMC/UserData/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/ as sourcefolder it will work?
Yes, the best way.
Ok I confirm it works!

But...I have the data of XBMC in the roaming folder (Windows 7 -> C:\users\xxxx\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\........), that folder is hidden and I can't select that hidden folder in XBMC Sad

I have copied the fanart folder to my c: drive so it is visible, and it works. But how can I use the fanart folder in the appdata folder? It is hidden and I can't select it in XBMC Sad
divino Wrote:Ok I confirm it works!

But...I have the data of XBMC in the roaming folder (Windows 7 -> C:\users\xxxx\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\........), that folder is hidden and I can't select that hidden folder in XBMC Sad

I have copied the fanart folder to my c: drive so it is visible, and it works. But how can I use the fanart folder in the appdata folder? It is hidden and I can't select it in XBMC Sad

1. Settings->Appearence->File Lists..Check "Show Hidden files and directories

2. To use the app folder cache, you'd use:

<imagepath>special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/</imagepath>

But the thing is Movie/TV are mixed, there isn't a separate TV and separate Movie fanart folder, so wouldn't work nice unless you hide Movie/TV on Home and just use Videos on Home

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
You could give the fanart splitter script a go..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56153

Dharma update http://www.megaupload.com/?d=66SICWJP
Export the video library in one file and you will all Fanart.
mcborzu Wrote:1. Settings->Appearence->File Lists..Check "Show Hidden files and directories

2. To use the app folder cache, you'd use:

<imagepath>special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/</imagepath>

But the thing is Movie/TV are mixed, there isn't a separate TV and separate Movie fanart folder, so wouldn't work nice unless you hide Movie/TV on Home and just use Videos on Home

I'll try that when I'm back home, but I think that should work Smile I only see movies on XBMC so I do not have TV fanart, no problem for me Nod

Thank you very much for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart in home menu?0