Donate version
Hi.
I have an idea about a donate version. Sins the devs not going to take charge for this app maybe a donate version that is the same app but just that you charge for it. So two versions with the same features on the Market.
Could be a good compliment to the donation section on the home page.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
We'd have to create a new name space for the app, and I'll get hundreds of mails asking what the difference between the two versions is. It's going to be technically as well as logically a mess. I prefer placing a link to XBMC's donate page somewhere visible.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Would be nice to ask google about that, seems like a feature well used for open source project. You install it free but you have a simple way to donate with a button.

EDIT: I mean that if it were a feature request for them, the app would be under one space in their market.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Definitely. Get on the flattr train Smile
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I've seen other apps like this. e.g. "Official XBMC Remote" and "Official XBMC Remote (Donate version)". Also a explanation in the info on the market text. But I have no idea how well it works for them.

But a donate button sounds good to.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9939

Please pile on with comments about why its needed Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I noticed that the handcent sms app has a paypal link to donate in the settings screen. That might be more appropriate.

Ben
I really think a separate app that is a pay one on google is easier for the customer and has more chance of getting donations because of that.
I think a description at the top simply saying, "same program as free version but get this is if you want to support us" will make it simple enough for most folk.

I have bought many donate versions on the market simply because its so easy to just click buy in the market. Maybe I am lazy but if it requires mucking around clicking on links etc, signing into paypal etc its all over usually.
Having separate versions does make a mess of the amount of times the program has been downloaded & the rating system though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donate version0