how are controls filled with content?
i was wondering - how does xbmc find the control to put it's content in? apparently, it is about the control's id ... but i couldn't find a place where it says exactly which one it should be ... right now, i kind of depend on other people's skins to look it up. but surely there's got to be a page in the wiki that i just can't find?

.rm
Some of them by the id, yes. Typically the controls to the left on the media windows. We're slowly moving those ones that make sense to be global actions to actually be global actions, and the next plan is to move those that aren't global to be window-specific actions so that things are better defined (i.e. no more magic id's). Ofcourse, you'll still be wanting to know which controls *should* be included in each window for functionality purposes. Not sure if that could be incorporated in a schema or not.

There was a page in the wiki at some point, but as you can probably guess, these things get out of date quickly, as they're not auto-generated and anything that's not autogenerated doesn't get done!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...n_Controls
jmarshall Wrote:There was a page in the wiki at some point, but as you can probably guess, these things get out of date quickly, as they're not auto-generated and anything that's not autogenerated doesn't get done!

no guarantees, but i'm keeping an eye on all svn commits and been updating the wiki page whenever needed.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
great. exactly what i was looking for. thanks! Smile
ronie Wrote:no guarantees, but i'm keeping an eye on all svn commits and been updating the wiki page whenever needed.

Thanks ronie. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how are controls filled with content?0