<import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="1.0.4"/>
How does <import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="1.0.4"/> work? I just noticed it in Confluences addon.xml. Does that mean the recentlyadded script automatically get downloaded?

Since every skin uses recentlyadded should pretty much all of us include it?

What happens if a user version="1.0.3" would that automatically trigger a download and stop all the "HELP Recently Added don't work" posts skins get every so often?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I honestly have no idea Spiff did all that I assume it doesn't auto download it but if its on the system it is runnable. but I'm the dark as much as you
script.recentlyadded is provided with SVN as well, so no download is necessary.

And yes, if your skin depends on the recently added script being there, then you should include it in the <requires> tag.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What about "script.favourites"? I cant get it to work automatically like "recently added" unless I physical download it and put it into the /addons folder. Which I thought the <requires> tag does so then the end user doesnt have to hunt it down and install it...

Unless I have an error this is script.favourites addon.xml:
PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="script.favourites"
       name="Favourites script"
       version="1.0.1"
       provider-name="CF2009">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.library"
             library="default.py" />
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <summary>Favourites script</summary>
    <description>Fetches item from your xbmc favourites to populate Home menu/submenu with custom buttons.</description>
    <disclaimer>Needs skin support for it to be used properly</disclaimer>
    <platform>all</platform>
  </extension>
</addon> 

And my <requires> section:
PHP Code:
<requires>
    <
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
    <
import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="1.0.4"/>
    <
import addon="script.favourites" version="1.0.1"/>
  </
requires

looks fine. you do try to run the favscript using RunScript(script.favourites) right, not using the old path?
Yea code works fine - <onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)</onfocus> - but what seems not to work is the <requires> tag. Atleast my thought is the <import addon> tag would mean if a user doesnt have something that is <required> then it will import/download it so then the skin and end user will be able to use it without the enduser having to search and manually download it...

I see script.favorites is here along with all others approved addons. I dont see it using the addonbrowser though if that means anything...

it only grabs the deps when an addon is installed through the browser. and it's not supposed to show in the browser, it can only be used by a skin, it has no value on its own.
That was my guess on why scripts with xbmc.python.library dont show.

Quote:it only grabs the deps when an addon is installed through the browser

So just to confirm it doesn't auto-download if a end user doesn't have it? Because with the "skins shouldn't have script(s) included with a skin" rule, many people will think that custom home items and the logo script don't work and the skin is broken not knowing they have to download them. Unless we are allowed to keep scripts in the skins then things will work automatically for end users...

what made you draw that conclusion?

YES, it WILL download dependencies. on install time. that is, you have to either install from a repository or using the install from zip button. however, if you just manually copy it to the addons folder it will NOT download the dependencies.
mcborzu Wrote:"skins shouldn't have script(s) included with a skin"

When did this happen?

I'm using a modified RecentlyAdded script so the user can either have the latest videos on the Home screen or random, unwatched ones.
i've learned it a week ago.
skin must not include script in skin directory, but use the include purpose to install it ( script and skin need to be on the same repo )
Hitcher Wrote:When did this happen?

I'm using a modified RecentlyAdded script so the user can either have the latest videos on the Home screen or random, unwatched ones.

Actually I re-read my email from the mailing list. I think I misinterpreted the message:

Quote:also those scripts you ship with should be registered as separate
add-ons. afaict they are useful in more than one skin. i know where to
find ppic, but not the other guy. any help?

before these are added properly, i'm afraid the skin still needs to be
delayed Smile

I assumed he was meaning those shoudln't be in the skin and be registered instead. But he could have just be meaning to have them officially registered so more people know about them and they are officially recognized and in the repo for all to us...

yes, that"s the goal i think making it available for more people Big Grin
So I'm ok to use my own modified version of the RecentlyAdded script then?

I did ask about the 'random' option getting added (and the playing of 'full albums fix') to the official version but never got a response.
where are the patches?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="1.0.4"/>0