Was the point to make it harder?
I don't understand the new way of skinning. I was using the trunk27855 version of xbmc but then had to reload my tv shows and it couldn't find the source anymore
SOOOO I upgraded to the Dharma build and I've read and read but can't find a way to make my skins work other than installing the ones available through the menus.
Angry

It seems I can have my old skins and no media at all or my files in a skin I don't care for much at all................................

I thought with future releases things are supposed to get easier? Specifically I would really like to install the Night and Aeon Skins....HAS ANYONE been able to get them to work in Dharma and HOW DID YOU DO IT?
It's up to the skinners to provide a compatible version of their skins for the upcoming release. Installing skins (or other add-ons) is much easier now using the built-in Addon-Manager, it just takes some time to fill the repository.

One last note, current XBMC versions are bleeding-edge (pre-beta) builds.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Simple solution go back to the last stable release.

Skins are a valuable part of the overall package but ultimately they are cosmetic - and as vdrfan said it is up to the talented people who design the various skins to upgrade their skins to the next stable release. It does not make sense to constantly have to change stuff while the XBMC application is still undergoing considerable structural change. (Buttons, options and stuff like that.)

Personally I do find it easier with the Add-on route. But that is personal preference.
....FINALLY got XBMC to recognize my movies folder again and it's running with the Night SKIN. I hope xbmc and the developers are able to get everything sorted out before the next official release. I DO LIKE that you can install skins automatically from the site....I just wish they had support for all the skins. I'M HAPPY FOR NOW, took all night though....
k_roxas13 Wrote:...I hope xbmc and the developers are able to get everything sorted out before the next official release....

get everything sorted out BEFORE the next official release!!! my god!!! its so crazy it just might work Smile
Once the official release is done everything will work and I see the system working much better.

I think it would be fair to say a lot of people had problems with the changes. I've had my own share but to be honest it's not like people haven't posted answers. I did an upgrade last week from Live 9.11 and lost sound through HDMI and my skin (Xperience) was no where to be found. I figured out the skin in a few seconds and noticed someone already posted about it, so it's on the forum. And with some command line fun and searches on here and google I was able to get sound back after two hours of work.

<rant on>
Sorry but I don't see how you can get around getting your hands dirty with HTPCs.

Not to be mean but that's why the forum has a search function and -

From http://xbmc.org/download/

"Nightly builds are available at the XBMC mirror system. Though these are official builds, they should be regarded as very unstable. Not recommended for most people, brave users and testers only!"
</rant off>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Was the point to make it harder?0