mac mini external blu ray
Ok so Im asking this here because everyone here is so helpful and smart. Im using the new mac mini as my media center, and have recently obtained a laptop thats broken but the blu ray drive and hard-drive inside should still be good. I have always wanted and external blu ray drive for my mini to rip blu rays for xbmc. Could anybody recommend a good external enclosure for the laptop blu ray drive and hdd? whether they be two separate, or if there is an enclosure that could be used for either thats compatible with snow leopard, thanks very much.
Take a look at the Apple Media Center bluray writeup. Theres some good info (towards the bottom of the page) about internal and external bluray drives. I'm thinking of getting the LG external drive myself.
Yeah that internal would looks awesome but im not ready to take my new mini apart yet and void the warranty, its my second one because the first broke soon after buying it. im really looking for an enclosure, since i already have a drive just dont know anything about the connections or which kind would work.
snowdrift Wrote:Take a look at the Apple Media Center bluray writeup. Theres some good info (towards the bottom of the page) about internal and external bluray drives. I'm thinking of getting the LG external drive myself.

The LG drive listed there is the one I have connected to my iMac. Best I've ever owned.
D-tyme Wrote:The LG drive listed there is the one I have connected to my iMac. Best I've ever owned.

Thanks for the recommendation. That has sealed the deal! Nod
So does anyone know if it is even possible to put a laptop drive in an enclosure? couse if not im just gona throw this laptop away and buy an external one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mac mini external blu ray0