XBMC Live CD Is not installing in HDD
Dear All,

i'm integrating both mythbackend and mythfrontend with xbmc 9.04 and i almost completed that part. The created iso file, i can able to write in a DVD and boot from DVD. But whenever i tried to install it, it is not installing but continues to boot from DVD . I downloaded the standard xbmc live iso image from web and checked that it is working.

snippet of Menu.lst file for install option with my xbmc iso
============================================================
title Install XBMCLive to disk (USB or HDD)
kernel /vmlinuz initrd=initrd0.img boot=cd quiet splash xbmc=install,nodiskmount,noredir
initrd /initrd0.img
quiet
boot

When i cross compared with standard xbmc, the written DVD has many folders like install, boot,live, dists and pool are present but whereas in my case only the boot folder is present. I am new to this Live CD and iso file fundas and struggling a lot to install it in HDD. I suspect the way that i am creating iso file, i am using the below commands,
./make.initrd
./make.rootfs
./make.md5
./make.isofs

Can you please help me in solving this problem.

PS: I tried live USB with the created iso but here also the same case. It is working like a bootable USB ie. we can boot from USB but it is not installing in USB. However my main aim is to installing in Hard Disk and boot from it.

Regards,
Raghu B

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live CD Is not installing in HDD0